Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Big Band at Yoshi's

Last night we went to Yoshi's to watch Rich's oldest brother, Pete, play. He plays the trumpet and is part of a 20 piece jazz band. He actually still plays the trumpet that his parents first bought him! It was my first time actually watching a show at Yoshi's. The sound is so awesome in there!

I got to hang out with the rest of the family. I've gotten to know his mom and stepdad pretty well. And I've also hung out with Pete and his girlfriend, Laura, a lot. This time I purposely sat at a table with his middle brother, David, and his girlfriend Cathy, so I could get to know them. I couldn't really talk during the show but we were able to chit chat and get to know each other at least a little bit more. His cousin Lisa and her husband Tom were also there. I barely talked to them at all since they were at a different table.

When you first walk in, they give you a seat reservation ticket. That way you can put your name on it, attach it to seating, then have dinner at the restaurant. Well, his mom bought our tickets for us and saved our seats. They ended up putting Maria (Rios) down! That took me aback. I said, "Whoah! Now you guys are moving a little too fast there....you're gonna scare me off!" Cathy said, "I guess they like you!" It was pretty cute.

Pete's band was supposed to play 2 sets but they didn't sell any tickets to the 2nd show. It's pretty tough for a Monday night. The restuarant, itself, wasn't even crowded. So, they had to cancel. The bummer was Pete's solo was during the 2nd set. I felt so bad for him because he looked so disappointed.

I put myself in his place and imagined what it would be like to have my solo cut from me a 1/2 hour before showtime. All the practice you put in, down the drain!

We ended up hanging out at the lounge until the restuarant closed. His family cracks me up! I definitely feel comfortable being around them!

1 Comments:

At 5/17/2005 01:42:00 PM, Blogger Mel said...

welcome back! glad to see you bloggin' agin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home