Thursday, May 26, 2005

Driving Down with 3 Boys

Tomorrow is my uncle's graduation party. He was taking college classes and didn't tell anyone. Now, he got his Bachelor's. Way to go Nick!

Originally I was going to fly down but Rich wanted to come as well. So, we decided to make it a field trip with Kobi. Rich also wanted to spend the long weekend with Camren so he's coming too!

I'm very excited but nervous at the same time. This is a huge step for me. Not only are a majority of my relatives meeting the boyfriend for the first time but they're meeting his son. Man, I'm nervous just typing this out. I sent an email out to my neice, nephew, and cousins to let them know ahead of time. I didn't want to just show up all of a sudden.

So, I feel like a mom. I have to prepare for the long road trip to accomodate a 12 year old. I'm so used to just packing stuff up for me and Kobi and going! But this time, we have to go shopping for snacks and drinks, yada yada yada.

I'm even renting an SUV for the drive. I figured the convertible would be a little TOO cramped. Especially since the 100 pound dog likes to stretch across the whole back seat and move from one side of the car to the other.

Since this is already going to be stressful, why make it just a little bit easier.
  • More leg room for everyone
  • Cam can have the back bench
  • Kobi can have the storage area
  • I don't have to drive stick in traffic (which btw is going to really suck during this weekend)
  • Air conditioning - mine has been on the fritz lately
  • Cheap gas vs premium gas
  • I don't have to worry about throwing a wet dog from the beach into my car
  • And I got a great rate from travelzoo.com

So, we're headed off into the wild blue yonder after we pick up Cam from his half day at school. It should be an interesting weekend.

6 Comments:

At 5/26/2005 08:27:00 PM, Blogger neekoh said...

bern and i are going to LA-LA Land too. hopefully the drive won't be too bad, but between two ipods and an XM, i think we're covered on music.

 
At 5/27/2005 08:20:00 AM, Blogger mrs cruz said...

Have fun in LA!

 
At 5/27/2005 08:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring a laptop or a mini dvd player for Cam...

Welcome to my world!!! hehhee

 
At 5/27/2005 09:53:00 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

have a great time!!

LG

 
At 5/27/2005 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Mel said...

good luck! I'm sure your family will love them!

 
At 5/31/2005 11:28:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

Glad you came down this weekend!! We had great time! (Cameron was cute!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home