The Happiest Place on Earth
The night before, we didn't get back to Riverside until around 1130ish. We wanted to get up bright and early to avoid the crowds at Disneyland. So, my mom woke us up at 6 to get our butts in gear. BTW, my mom is awesome. She made us breakfast every morning that we were there.
So, we headed off around 745 and got to Disneyland at 815. The whole time we were in the car, we were quizzing Cam on his "birthday". He's 12 but I wanted to get the Ilocano $10 discount for under 10-years old. He kept on getting confused on the years. We tried to play it off like he was about to turn 10. Buying the ticket was easy. He wasn't even around.


But when we went through the turnstiles, I got nervous. The ticket taker was quizzing the little girl in front of us. She got her "birthday" wrong! And she was about 6 inches shorter than Cam, who by the way, is about my height now. He WAS shorter than me when I first met him. Well, they were so busy with her that I pretty much shoved him through the turnstile. Nice!
Rich was getting on my case because I was teaching his son how to lie. Well, SOMEONE who should remain nameless, told someone's mother that they were staying with someone's best friend all weekend...so there! Who's the bad guy now?
Anyway, we pretty much avoided the crowds until 2pm. With the exception of Splash Mountain, we went through all of Disneyland by 430. Our fastpass for Splash Mountain was between 615 and 715, so we headed off to California Adventure.

We rode California Soaring (very cool!), then headed over to California Screamin' (the rollercoaster). Cam never rode a rollercoaster before. It took some convincing. We were relegated to saying things like, "look at that little girl....she's going." We're so bad. Funny thing is, he wanted to ride with me because I made him feel "safer." Right when we got to the line to get on the train, he's knees started shaking and almost backed out. But he did it! And we were all proud. In fact, we jumped right back in line for more thrill seeking adventure. I'm paying for it right now...I lost my voice.
Then we went to the Tower of Terror....that took a little more convincing...with a few tears. We were put in the first row and we had to trade with some other people. But he got an "I survived" shirt out of it.
My cousin Gloria has annual passes so they met up with us for dinner. They hung out with us to watch the 50th Anniversary fireworks and Fantasmic. It was good to have them there because by that time....we weren't all so happy on that place in earth.



We left the park around 11. On our way out, I called my mom to check on Kobi. She said the whole time we've been gone, he didn't eat, drink or go outside. So, she gave him...not ONE...but TWO cans of corned beef! What the heck????? My mother is trying to kill my dog. I know her intentions were good but MY GOD! She said after that, he was happier. He put himself to sleep by sleeping on top of Rich's shoes. My shoes were next to his but he doesn't love me as much any more :(
It was a really fun day! And I got to take home a souvenir picture of the three of us in Star Wars gear. That wasn't my idea....really!
So, we headed off around 745 and got to Disneyland at 815. The whole time we were in the car, we were quizzing Cam on his "birthday". He's 12 but I wanted to get the Ilocano $10 discount for under 10-years old. He kept on getting confused on the years. We tried to play it off like he was about to turn 10. Buying the ticket was easy. He wasn't even around.


But when we went through the turnstiles, I got nervous. The ticket taker was quizzing the little girl in front of us. She got her "birthday" wrong! And she was about 6 inches shorter than Cam, who by the way, is about my height now. He WAS shorter than me when I first met him. Well, they were so busy with her that I pretty much shoved him through the turnstile. Nice!
Rich was getting on my case because I was teaching his son how to lie. Well, SOMEONE who should remain nameless, told someone's mother that they were staying with someone's best friend all weekend...so there! Who's the bad guy now?
Anyway, we pretty much avoided the crowds until 2pm. With the exception of Splash Mountain, we went through all of Disneyland by 430. Our fastpass for Splash Mountain was between 615 and 715, so we headed off to California Adventure.

We rode California Soaring (very cool!), then headed over to California Screamin' (the rollercoaster). Cam never rode a rollercoaster before. It took some convincing. We were relegated to saying things like, "look at that little girl....she's going." We're so bad. Funny thing is, he wanted to ride with me because I made him feel "safer." Right when we got to the line to get on the train, he's knees started shaking and almost backed out. But he did it! And we were all proud. In fact, we jumped right back in line for more thrill seeking adventure. I'm paying for it right now...I lost my voice.
Then we went to the Tower of Terror....that took a little more convincing...with a few tears. We were put in the first row and we had to trade with some other people. But he got an "I survived" shirt out of it.
My cousin Gloria has annual passes so they met up with us for dinner. They hung out with us to watch the 50th Anniversary fireworks and Fantasmic. It was good to have them there because by that time....we weren't all so happy on that place in earth.



We left the park around 11. On our way out, I called my mom to check on Kobi. She said the whole time we've been gone, he didn't eat, drink or go outside. So, she gave him...not ONE...but TWO cans of corned beef! What the heck????? My mother is trying to kill my dog. I know her intentions were good but MY GOD! She said after that, he was happier. He put himself to sleep by sleeping on top of Rich's shoes. My shoes were next to his but he doesn't love me as much any more :(
It was a really fun day! And I got to take home a souvenir picture of the three of us in Star Wars gear. That wasn't my idea....really!

6 Comments:
Awww... I want to go to Disneyland now! Glad you guys had fun!
the best thing to do, Raf and I discovered, is to hit California Adventure first (or mid-day), go to the wine country section, have a glass of wine or bubbly and sit at the tables with the umbrellas while the little ones run in Bug's Life (make sure to send the kids to get free sour dough and tortilla samples for you to munch on). we get very relaxed, the lines don't matter, everyone's happy! they have a pretty large selection of wines and port. we get very mellow and it really takes the edge off being in crowded places.
LG
I'm so jealous!!! I wanna go so bad and take the boyz on the new Buzz Lightyear ride, and see what changes they made to Space Mountain!!
you and cam kinda look alike in that one picture. hehe :)
Awe!! pics are too cute! I am thinking about getting Nelson and I annual passes too but they are so expensive! Glad you had fun! (I can see thier fireworks from my bedroom window!Its beautiful!) Next time...try going around Xmas time! The whole park gets sprinkled with SNOW! Its awesome!
Awesome pictures! Cam looks a lot like his daddy...! We'll be in Disneyland in November - can't wait! Hopefully Lauryn will know what's goin' on and remember it!!
Post a Comment
<< Home