Saturday, May 14, 2005

Meeting the "Stepson"

Rich has a 12 year old son, Cam. This weekend was the first time that I was going to meet him. I was going through some anxiety and was really nervous about how it would go. Rich used to live with his girlfriend, who has a kid herself, so they were pretty much a family. All I had to offer was my dog and Rich told me that Cam was afraid of dogs growing up. And as you know, my dog, although wimpy, is huge in size.

I had a softball game Friday night so they were already at the house by the time I got home. He was really quiet at first. He looks a lot like his dad and is already pretty tall. He's about my height.

After running upstairs and changing really quick, we went to watch "House of Wax", Cam's choice. Apparently he loves gore, but it wouldn't seem like it if you met him. He is such a sweet and polite kid.

He ended up spending the night. Today we had breakfast and took Kobi to Pt. Isabel for a couple of hours. It was good to see the two "kids" get along so well. Cam had a good time throwing Kobi's toy in the water for him and giving him a bath at Mudpuppy's after. We spent so much time outdoors and driving with the top down, that I ended up with the worst sunburn ever!

I think the best part of this weekend was seeing Rich as a dad. This whole time we've been together, I never saw him in that role. It makes him more attractive to me. I guess as a single person, I've always wondered how the guy I'm dating would be as a dad. With Rich, I get to see it first hand and I'm pretty impressed.

I really like Cam a lot....I hope he likes me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home