Saturday, May 28, 2005

Ray Ray's Birthday

The plan for the morning was to take Kobi to Huntington Beach, drop him off at my parents', then go to my nephew Ray's birthday dinner.

But when we woke up, it was actually overcast and chilly. So we decided to take Cam to watch EpIII. As much as I like it, I think I'm done watching it on the Big Screen.

As we were leaving the house, my dad wanted to take Kobi for a walk. So, he went but froze in the middle of the street as he watched us get in the car. He wouldn't budge. So I got out and walked with them to the park. I left them there as we drove off.

After the movie, I called home to see how the walk went. My dad said he just stood there the whole time, depressed. He thought we left him for good. After a while, my dad let go of the leash and he just dragged his feet to my parents house across the street. He must have been depressed! He usually runs around the park when he's off leash. Poor baby.

My brother's family used to live 2 minutes away from my parents, but they moved to Ladera Ranch, in Orange County. The dinner was out there. So, we all piled in the car and left Kobers at home.

We went to a Hawaiian restaurant called Ono Ono. My cousin's husband, Mark, and my brother's best friend, Butch, were there. Rich bonded with them since they were former DJ/Break Dancer/Poppers! We were teasing them saying that they can break in my brother's kitchen after dinner since they had lineoleum.

But what did they do instead? While the rest of us took a walk to the park and elementary school to shoot hoops, the 2 poppers stayed home to watch "The Incredibles!" It cracked me up!

After the park, we headed over to Maggie Moo's for some ice cream.

I mentioned to my brother that we were going to Disneyland the next day and invited them to come with us. He said that they had too much to do, but it turns out they had free passes. My sister-in-law's cousin works there and gave them a bunch. I took 2 park hoppers from them. All I needed to buy was Cam's ticket. Sa-Weet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home