Friday, May 20, 2005

Watching with the Public

Rich and I were going to go to the Cruz's for their get-together to honor Cristina, from Vancouver. But I wasn't completely motivated to drive all the way out there because it was also Rondalla practice. And since I don't play, I was holding back.

While I was trying to make that decision, I started pruning the roses and weeding the front yard. Then Angelo called to tell me he just watched EpIII with Ledge and that he really liked it. When I told Rich, he got all excited about watching it.

So, we decided to watch the movie instead of heading out to Fremont. We bought our tickets on Fandango and headed over to the Metreon. We bought tickets for the 10pm show. I was hoping it would be the digital theatre but when we got there, we found out it was the IMAX theatre. The weird thing was that the 1030 show was sold out but the 10 wasn't. Maybe people were staying away from the IMAX.

I put the tickets in my purse then went to get food. After a few minutes, I forgot where I put the tickets and started panicking. They weren't in my pockets or in my purse. I looked at least 3 times.

I decided to try and put on the charm and ask them for 2 other tickets since I still had my Fandango printout. It didn't quite work. I had to buy a 2nd pair but he did say if I found the originals, he would refund me. Ooooh how it hurt. Having to pay almost $50 to see a movie that I got to see for free! Right when he was about to ring me up, I found the original pair nestled in between all my other "frequent buyer" cards. Man, I'm getting old!

The movie was better for me the 2nd time around and I actually stayed awake the whole time. Rich, was in heaven! Almost a little too much :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home