Wednesday, June 22, 2005

And More Meetings...

The plan was to get up around 630am, so we could get tickets for either Conan or Letterman. I was in charge of picking up the wake up calls. So, after I answered the phone, I did the obligatory, "honey, wake up! we gotta go!" After two times of Rich not budging, I decided to go back to sleep. I had to be at a meeting by 1130 and barely made it. I was so pooped! We've been packing in so much in such a short amount of time.

I had a lunch meeting following that one, then rushed back to the hotel to meet Rich. We decided to head down 5th Ave. to the Empire State Building: the last place we really wanted to check out.

Along the way, we came across the NY public library and decided to take some pics there.


On our way to the ESB, we did some window shopping, then all of a sudden, we heard it. Thunder! Oh, it's just a few drops of rain. Boy, were we wrong. We had to duck in to the drugstore to buy an umbrella!



We were so close! Just 1 block away...then we went back to the hotel.

We waited for an hour then decided to head out to Chinatown to get the souvenir shopping done. We only had an hour to spare before I had to meet my "brother" for dinner.

Years ago, my parents adopted my older cousin in the Philippines. So it's a little known fact that I actually have 2 brothers and not 1. They took a bus out from NJ to meet up with us at Times Square for dinner. Since they had their 9 year old with them, I suggested Planet Hollywood. I think this was the first time I actually met him.



After dinner, Rich and I cabbed it out to ESB and actually made it up there!






We wanted to memorialize a kiss at the top of the ESB, so we had a stranger take this pic of us.


To end such a romantic night, we decided to enjoy the fresh air and took a bicycle cab to our hotel.


It was a great way to end our last night in the Big Apple!

3 Comments:

At 6/24/2005 09:31:00 AM, Blogger bev said...

that is a scary looking library. is that the one in "day after tomorrow"?

 
At 6/24/2005 11:19:00 AM, Blogger double R said...

i love new york!

 
At 6/24/2005 11:57:00 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

very action packed! and indeed romantic!

LG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home