Dads & Grads
We've had Camren all week. He's going back home tonight. I was going to take them out to dinner for Father's day and his graduation tonight.

But my selfish side got the best of me. I wanted to go to Bev & Gary's to watch the video so I asked if it would be ok to go last night instead.
I had such a great time! I had some bonding time with Cam playing some of the games with him on the Kid's menu. I could tell he was sharp because he was always thinking 10 moves ahead of the next move. Rich was saying he should play chess.
For his grad, we gave him some mula for a job well done this year.
I had a raspberry mojito and me being the lightweight got a little tipsy. They were cracking up at me because I made them say why Cam appreciated his Dad and why Rich was proud of Cam. Kinda cheesy but I thought it was very cute!
For Gary's birthday, Bev gave Gary the Master Replica version of Anakin's lightsaber. Rich would not stop talking about how cool it was! So, for Father's Day, I decided to get him one too.
I only had a couple of days to find it, so I emailed my buddy who handles their license to see if they can call them up. He said that when they were out here last week that they were 100% sold out. So, I went to our store to see if they had any. She said they were in backorder. I guess the look on my face sank. So she asked when I needed it by. I said tomorrow.
Just my luck. Apparently someone reserved one at Skywalker Ranch but never picked it up. So she called over there and told them that she was going to sell it to me! YIPPPEE!!! Oh my god, the look on his face when he saw it was priceless. I swear, it looked like he was going to cry! Even better, when I told him he could bring it over to Gary's tonight so they can "play", he got even more excited!
Ahh...the joys of motherhood...oh wait, he's my boyfriend!

But my selfish side got the best of me. I wanted to go to Bev & Gary's to watch the video so I asked if it would be ok to go last night instead.
I had such a great time! I had some bonding time with Cam playing some of the games with him on the Kid's menu. I could tell he was sharp because he was always thinking 10 moves ahead of the next move. Rich was saying he should play chess.
For his grad, we gave him some mula for a job well done this year.
I had a raspberry mojito and me being the lightweight got a little tipsy. They were cracking up at me because I made them say why Cam appreciated his Dad and why Rich was proud of Cam. Kinda cheesy but I thought it was very cute!
For Gary's birthday, Bev gave Gary the Master Replica version of Anakin's lightsaber. Rich would not stop talking about how cool it was! So, for Father's Day, I decided to get him one too.
I only had a couple of days to find it, so I emailed my buddy who handles their license to see if they can call them up. He said that when they were out here last week that they were 100% sold out. So, I went to our store to see if they had any. She said they were in backorder. I guess the look on my face sank. So she asked when I needed it by. I said tomorrow.
Just my luck. Apparently someone reserved one at Skywalker Ranch but never picked it up. So she called over there and told them that she was going to sell it to me! YIPPPEE!!! Oh my god, the look on his face when he saw it was priceless. I swear, it looked like he was going to cry! Even better, when I told him he could bring it over to Gary's tonight so they can "play", he got even more excited!
Ahh...the joys of motherhood...oh wait, he's my boyfriend!

9 Comments:
oh no... :)
mur, maybe you can i get a couple of Barbie's and we'll play with our dolls :)
Youre too funny Mur!!! lol! I dont have any barbies but I do have a cabbage patch doll.
You guys are dumb. You have to remember, we have always wanted one since 1977, and it wasn't until the technology was good enough to make something so cool and realistic!
I even brought mine to rondalla rehearsal last week. I wanted to bring it to canada, but I think customs might have had issues with it ;-)
I have to make sure my batteries are all charged up!
Oh yeah, My dad is bigger than your Dad! :-P
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
i'm telling!!! :(
you guys are so funny!!! wish we could be there with you, eh!?!
There you are!!! I love what you've done with the place...looks kinda familliar...hehe. BTW, I want a light saber too, but I think that 100 bucks is going into new elbow pads instead. Rhoel.
I had a lot of catching up to do so I think I commented on every one of your blog enteries...better late than never. Rhoel.
Post a Comment
<< Home