Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day in the Big Apple

Flying into NY was pretty smooth. Being that this is Rich's first long flight, his nerves got the best of him. I thought the badings were bad for drinking 2 small bottles of wine on the way to Vancouver. He drank SIX bloody mary's within the first couple of hours. I had to tell the flight attendant to cut him off!

We got into NY around 5pm. After checking into our hotel, we had dinner with one of my best friends from college, and old roomie, Armie. She has a 5 month old, so we ended up going to Friday's on Times Square. Man, that girl gained so much weight from giving birth. She went from a size 0 to a size 2!!!! (note the sarcasm).



Even though we were exhausted, we roamed the city that never sleeps. First we hit Radio City Music Hall...



...then Rockefeller Plaza.


It was so great to feed off of his excitement seeing NY for the first time. I loved sharing that experience with him.

We headed off to the Marriot on Times Square to have a couple of drinks in the 8th floor overlooking the Square. The NBA finals were going on so we stuck around to catch the game. We were the only ones rooting for San Antonio, since all of the east coasters were rooting for Detroit. I was just happy that Horry saved the game. I love that guy!

By the end of the game, it was around 1230am. We headed back to the hotel to get some rest because we were getting up at 630am the next day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home