Friday, June 10, 2005

First Performance

Call time at the theatre was noon. Coincidentally, the theatre was in the same location as KP's dance studio. Their studio is so nice!

We did a run-through on stage, which by the way was soooooo tiny. Only the first person in the dance could be in the actual wing, while the rest had to just line up against the wall. It was tough when we were exiting and entering from the same place. The show was longer than expected and Tambour got cut....sucking during the practice may have played a little part in that. But we were all relieved when it did because we weren't ready for it.

Afterwards, we headed upstairs for some lunch and rehearsed the first half of the 6/11 show. KP looked sharp! They were really prepared!

The highlights of the show of course occurred from our dance company. In Tahaw, Bev and Shanna's hats got tangled because the stage was too small. After giving up, Bev danced with both hats on her head while Shanna danced empty headed. To quote Kuya Jun, they looked like "conjoined twins".



Then during Bev's song, she heard a loud thump. It turns out that Ewa's chair broke while he was playing. But being the professional that he is, continued to play on the floor! Again to quote Kuya Jun, "Humpty Dumpty had a fall."



HMMM...Bev seems to be the common factor here.

Other than that the show seemed to go well. The Consul General,Ambassadors and Diplomats were there. But most importantly, the Royal Canadian Mounties were there also. I'm such a groupie! I went straight up to them after curtain call and said, "I LOVE YOU GUYS!" They said they loved us too and then suggested we take a picture. Of course, I couldn't say no! It's a little dark, but that's me in the middle.





We headed back to Veejay's for pizza. Being the old fart that I am, I slipped quietly out to take a shower and go to bed around 11. We had to be at the theatre by 8 the next morning and I was pooped as always!

Here are the pics from this day.

Dances I was cast in:
Tahaw
Tachok
Jota Manilena
Mangalay/Tambour
Blit Bilaan/Lullaby

3 Comments:

At 6/13/2005 05:38:00 PM, Blogger bev said...

hey!! i am not bad luck!

(although, now that i think of it, i was also the only one in pandanggo whose partner came out late!) :P

 
At 6/14/2005 08:36:00 AM, Blogger double R said...

good posts!

 
At 6/14/2005 11:34:00 AM, Blogger cristina said...

then again, it was also during friday's mutya that i knocked over oj's guitar music....

it IS you, bev!!!!! ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home