Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Fugitive Squad

A couple years ago, I started getting mail at my house for "Ron B". I had no idea who he was. I had already been living at the house for a year and never saw his name before. It was weird because it was mostly credit card bills.

I pretty much blew it off and just returned to sender. Then one morning, I awaken to serious pounding on my front door. It scared the hell out of me. I didn't know whether to lock myself in my room and hope that it went away, or actually go down and check it out.

I opted to see what all the racket was about. My front door has glass. So as I come down the stairs, I see about 10 men all with the same blue t-shirt on. Some had guns drawn. Through the glass, one of them flashed a badge.

I carefully open the door and was greeted with "WHERE IS HE?!?" Confused, I asked who they were looking for. "Ron B!" Huh? I explain how I started getting his mail here a week ago. That's how they traced him to my address.

These men were part of the Oakland Anti-Fugitive Squad and were coming to my house to take him back! They basically showed me his picture and asked me to contact the police if I saw him.

Apparently, he's the son of the previous homeowners and was on parole.

The next day, I see the 2 next door neighbor boys (the cholo teens) working on their car outside. I told them to keep an eye out on the house because I was afraid that "Ron B" would try to come back for his mail. I told them that if they saw him to call the police.

They said to me, "oh that guy? That guy's an asshole! He was yelling at my mom one time, so me and my friends came out and kicked his ass. If we see him hanging around, we'll kick his ass for you again."

I said, "Hmmm...that's very sweet of you but you REALLY don't need to do that. Just call the cops for me, kay?"

After that, the mail stopped coming....until yesterday. I got another piece of mail for "Ron B". I sent it back to the sender. But I'm not sure what else to do. I'm glad that Rich is here.

6 Comments:

At 6/16/2005 09:02:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

Your life is so interesting, Mur! Something is always going on with you. I love reading about it!

 
At 6/16/2005 11:51:00 AM, Blogger bev said...

dang mur, too much drama!!!

 
At 6/16/2005 08:58:00 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

dang, I wish I can buy the house across the street, then I can just sit on the porch with a bag of popcorn and just watch all the drama-live.

 
At 6/16/2005 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Mur said...

Nice Angelo!

 
At 6/17/2005 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

You should be on a reality show. So many interesting things going on!

 
At 6/17/2005 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Mur said...

People have told me that I should write a book....I blog instead :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home