Going Back to Cali!
Mel & Nick picked Christian and me up from the Correas (thanks guys) to bring us to the airport. Like last time, we were one of the first people there. I was the first to go through the customs and security so I got to the gate first.
Then I spotted it! The words that were like gold! DAY SPA!!!!
What the heck...my body was in pain. I was hobbling through the airport like an old lady. I was dreading driving my car back home because I was afraid of driving stick in traffic. I went and got myself a 15 minute chair massage. I was in heaven! Forget the intercom calling out flights. Forget the people stopping and watching my fat ass in the air while my face is in a hole! Forget the conversations and chatter surrounding me. I WAS IN ECSTASY! Not the sexual kind, but ecstasy nonetheless.
I want to say thank you to all the KP peeps that took care of us on our trip! You are not only our sister Dance company....but our true brothas and sistahs! You are an extension of our family and such great friends!
But most of all, I wanted to thank you for helping me find my dance mojo. I came back to dance because of my breakup with Bryan. I dreaded Sunday practices, I sucked at the Contra Costa show, and I just doubted my existence with the company. The only thing that kept me coming back was my friends. But performing with you guys, helped me find the love that I once had for folk dancing. This whole weekend has been a major high and I'm still floating. By you bringing us there, I was able to experience the adrenaline, laughter, and glory that comes with performing. And for that I thank you all...
Until next time...
Then I spotted it! The words that were like gold! DAY SPA!!!!
What the heck...my body was in pain. I was hobbling through the airport like an old lady. I was dreading driving my car back home because I was afraid of driving stick in traffic. I went and got myself a 15 minute chair massage. I was in heaven! Forget the intercom calling out flights. Forget the people stopping and watching my fat ass in the air while my face is in a hole! Forget the conversations and chatter surrounding me. I WAS IN ECSTASY! Not the sexual kind, but ecstasy nonetheless.
I want to say thank you to all the KP peeps that took care of us on our trip! You are not only our sister Dance company....but our true brothas and sistahs! You are an extension of our family and such great friends!
But most of all, I wanted to thank you for helping me find my dance mojo. I came back to dance because of my breakup with Bryan. I dreaded Sunday practices, I sucked at the Contra Costa show, and I just doubted my existence with the company. The only thing that kept me coming back was my friends. But performing with you guys, helped me find the love that I once had for folk dancing. This whole weekend has been a major high and I'm still floating. By you bringing us there, I was able to experience the adrenaline, laughter, and glory that comes with performing. And for that I thank you all...
Until next time...

8 Comments:
i'm glad someone blogged about the weekend :) i have so much stuff to write about it makes me tired to think about it!
i knew your "love" for dancing was there; it just had to come back!! i'm glad you're back too :) it was fun sharing the "diva" dressing area with you!
great times all around, great to have you up here, mur!
It was great having you guys here with us sharing the stage! If you guys ever feel like coming back, our home is open! Make sure Rich comes, too!!!
I told damoomoo yesterday that everytime I saw pics of you in Vancouver I kept telling myself, "I would've been there next to Mur!" I am sooooo sad I missed out!
So Bev was Charlie Brown for this one, huh?!
Laurie, we missed you...especially me! It was all guys at Veejay's!
Well, excuse us "guys" for not being your ideal roomates. Next time we can room you up with Shanna and Cassie.
mur, we miss you so much already!!!
Your blog entries are soooo good. You really should write a book. I like it when ppl take the time to write something really good. I know most ppl don't have the time but that makes the effort so much more admirable. Rhoel.
Post a Comment
<< Home