Going North
I woke up on time but just laid in bed unable to move. Then Angelo called to make sure I was up at 530. We were one of the first people at the airport. I was just a zombie. Some people have energy any time of the day...like Manok and Jaynee. I don't know how they do it.
All was well until KC called Mak to see where he was at 9am. Call time at the airport was at 8 and we were boarding in half an hour. He was just getting on BART in Oakland. One dancer down...memories of Joe in the PI.
On the plane, one of the stewards wouldn't leave me alone. I just asked him a question about the declaration page and that started everything. Of course the badings were behind me and kept egging him on. When they asked him what I asked he said, "She just wanted to talk to me but I'm married." All I wanted to do was read my magazine or sleep but he kept on messing with me through the whole flight. It was kinda funny but annoying at the same time.
Then we get to the airport. Luckily, I was following Bev & Gary. Bev asked Gary if he gave her his passport. Being paranoid, I checked my purse for mine as well. It was gone! By this time, half the LIKHA peeps already jumped into the KP (sister dance company in Canada) cars. Only 2 cars were left. Veejay said he would wait for me while I went back in to look for it. The information desk pointed me to the Customs Office. Thank God someone turned it in. This weekend was so hectic, there would be no way that I would have been able to get a new passport.
We had all you can eat sushi at Richmond Sushi then headed to Robson to do some shopping. I got discouraged in Zara since those clothes are made for european bodies...not chunky but funky ladies like me.
KP had a reception dinner for us at Cathy's condo clubhouse. We were having such a great time until some rowdy puti boys had too much to drink. There was a bar across an alley from the clubhouse. Some of our people went outside to get fresh air, smoke, chat, and hang out. The girls come rushing in saying that some people from the bar threw a glass at them. As I'm looking in that direction, I see a bunch of guys hopping the bar's patio fence. We run outside and start yelling at the boys to come in. They are at each other's faces talking smack to each other. Apparently, the puti boys made comments like "gook" and "get back on the boat" and other 1970s racial comments. Both sides were holding people back. Then it dispersed.
Five minutes later, we see them shaking hands. Not to worry. All the drama has passed...or so I thought. Then I see them jumping the fence again and when we run out there, Eman is yelling at them while Paulino is holding him back. Apparently, one of the guys came rushing at him and pushed him for no reason. We somehow got everyone back in and Gary's cousin called the police, who by the way never showed up. Even Ledge, the biggest teddy bear ever, was holding a pool cue that I had to take away from him.
Things finally calmed down and the rest of the crew went to a gay bar. I went home with Veejay, Michelle, Ledge & Angelo to Surrey to rest. I was wiped out and fighting a cold. But I heard I missed out on a lot of fun. That's ok, if I didn't sleep that first night, there was no way I would get through the rest of the weekend.

Here are the pics of that first day...compliments of Gary.
All was well until KC called Mak to see where he was at 9am. Call time at the airport was at 8 and we were boarding in half an hour. He was just getting on BART in Oakland. One dancer down...memories of Joe in the PI.
On the plane, one of the stewards wouldn't leave me alone. I just asked him a question about the declaration page and that started everything. Of course the badings were behind me and kept egging him on. When they asked him what I asked he said, "She just wanted to talk to me but I'm married." All I wanted to do was read my magazine or sleep but he kept on messing with me through the whole flight. It was kinda funny but annoying at the same time.
Then we get to the airport. Luckily, I was following Bev & Gary. Bev asked Gary if he gave her his passport. Being paranoid, I checked my purse for mine as well. It was gone! By this time, half the LIKHA peeps already jumped into the KP (sister dance company in Canada) cars. Only 2 cars were left. Veejay said he would wait for me while I went back in to look for it. The information desk pointed me to the Customs Office. Thank God someone turned it in. This weekend was so hectic, there would be no way that I would have been able to get a new passport.
We had all you can eat sushi at Richmond Sushi then headed to Robson to do some shopping. I got discouraged in Zara since those clothes are made for european bodies...not chunky but funky ladies like me.
KP had a reception dinner for us at Cathy's condo clubhouse. We were having such a great time until some rowdy puti boys had too much to drink. There was a bar across an alley from the clubhouse. Some of our people went outside to get fresh air, smoke, chat, and hang out. The girls come rushing in saying that some people from the bar threw a glass at them. As I'm looking in that direction, I see a bunch of guys hopping the bar's patio fence. We run outside and start yelling at the boys to come in. They are at each other's faces talking smack to each other. Apparently, the puti boys made comments like "gook" and "get back on the boat" and other 1970s racial comments. Both sides were holding people back. Then it dispersed.
Five minutes later, we see them shaking hands. Not to worry. All the drama has passed...or so I thought. Then I see them jumping the fence again and when we run out there, Eman is yelling at them while Paulino is holding him back. Apparently, one of the guys came rushing at him and pushed him for no reason. We somehow got everyone back in and Gary's cousin called the police, who by the way never showed up. Even Ledge, the biggest teddy bear ever, was holding a pool cue that I had to take away from him.
Things finally calmed down and the rest of the crew went to a gay bar. I went home with Veejay, Michelle, Ledge & Angelo to Surrey to rest. I was wiped out and fighting a cold. But I heard I missed out on a lot of fun. That's ok, if I didn't sleep that first night, there was no way I would get through the rest of the weekend.

Here are the pics of that first day...compliments of Gary.

3 Comments:
Wow! I didn't know you blogged while we were there! Impressive!
I didn't....it's a secret called backdating. That way I can look back and see when things REALLY happened.
Wow, I never heard the whole storey of what happened that night. Everyone on the side of the room towards the viewing room and the food didn't even know anything happened till it was over. Rhoel.
Post a Comment
<< Home