It's Showtime!
What an exhausting day! Call time was at 8am, but we got the scoop that it was really 830ish. So, we had a little leeway. When we got there, everyone was there underneath the awning, avoiding the drizzle. We just waited in the van until the doors were open.
The Queen Elizabeth Theatre was beautiful. The wings were bigger than the stage we performed on the night before! It's huge! We performed to a crowd of about 1,500 people.
We ran through the 2nd half of the show and the dances that needed touch up from the 1st half. I ended up slicing a couple of my fingers on the mangalay nails. I was a little nervous about having to get a tetanus shot since those things turn our fingers green every time we put them on. Warren says it's because they are brass.
We had to run through Blit 2 times in a row. My body was dying!

Afterwards I was on a hunt for water. I saw a Dasani vending machine but didn't have any Canadian $ since KP was feeding us all the time. Tina lent me 2 canadian Buckaroos. I kept on putting it in and it kept spitting it out. I tried so many times and it kept on doing it. Then I read the fine print...Only quarters, nickels, and dimes. I was on search for change but no one had any. I just sat there staring at the vending machine wanting to cry. It would have made a good commercial. I finally found some bottled water in the green room....AHHHHH!

After lunch, we did blocking, sound checks, and we were supposed to start technical dress rehearsal at 3. Poor KP! Kuya Jun had those guys rehearsing with the sound checks. They never even got a break! We started Technical dress at 4 and we were going to push it until 530. We kept on going til about 6! Green room was at 630 and the show was at 7! Reminiscent of the PI but not as tiring for us since we only had 9 dances in the show. Some people in KP had 9 dances on their own, so you can imagine how exhausted they were!
The show went really well! Everyone was on Fire!!!! As a guest artist, even I was on a high!
After packing up our costumes, we headed out of the theatre. We were following Veejay to his car when all of a sudden, I see this look of horror on his face. He drops the suitcase he's carrying and falls down 4 stairs, screaming. I thought he was having a stroke. But he was having a major Cramp attack! Michelle was so calm...I guess this happens often. Mel came down the hall thinking it was a girl screaming because the pitch was so high. Now that it's over, we can't stop cracking up about it!
To celebrate, we headed over to Boston Pizza for some din din. I parked my bootie in a booth with Ledge, Mel & Nick. We were so wiped out, we never got up to move. If someone wanted to socialize with us, they had to come to us!

We got back to Surrey around 230am. I couldn't believe it when people were still coming over to hang out! We had to be at the airport by 9, so I had to get up at 730. Yes, when it comes to sleep, I'm a snob. I just packed up my bags, went downstairs to say goodnight, and crashed!
Check these pics out from the show.
The Queen Elizabeth Theatre was beautiful. The wings were bigger than the stage we performed on the night before! It's huge! We performed to a crowd of about 1,500 people.
We ran through the 2nd half of the show and the dances that needed touch up from the 1st half. I ended up slicing a couple of my fingers on the mangalay nails. I was a little nervous about having to get a tetanus shot since those things turn our fingers green every time we put them on. Warren says it's because they are brass.
We had to run through Blit 2 times in a row. My body was dying!

Afterwards I was on a hunt for water. I saw a Dasani vending machine but didn't have any Canadian $ since KP was feeding us all the time. Tina lent me 2 canadian Buckaroos. I kept on putting it in and it kept spitting it out. I tried so many times and it kept on doing it. Then I read the fine print...Only quarters, nickels, and dimes. I was on search for change but no one had any. I just sat there staring at the vending machine wanting to cry. It would have made a good commercial. I finally found some bottled water in the green room....AHHHHH!

After lunch, we did blocking, sound checks, and we were supposed to start technical dress rehearsal at 3. Poor KP! Kuya Jun had those guys rehearsing with the sound checks. They never even got a break! We started Technical dress at 4 and we were going to push it until 530. We kept on going til about 6! Green room was at 630 and the show was at 7! Reminiscent of the PI but not as tiring for us since we only had 9 dances in the show. Some people in KP had 9 dances on their own, so you can imagine how exhausted they were!
The show went really well! Everyone was on Fire!!!! As a guest artist, even I was on a high!
After packing up our costumes, we headed out of the theatre. We were following Veejay to his car when all of a sudden, I see this look of horror on his face. He drops the suitcase he's carrying and falls down 4 stairs, screaming. I thought he was having a stroke. But he was having a major Cramp attack! Michelle was so calm...I guess this happens often. Mel came down the hall thinking it was a girl screaming because the pitch was so high. Now that it's over, we can't stop cracking up about it!
To celebrate, we headed over to Boston Pizza for some din din. I parked my bootie in a booth with Ledge, Mel & Nick. We were so wiped out, we never got up to move. If someone wanted to socialize with us, they had to come to us!

We got back to Surrey around 230am. I couldn't believe it when people were still coming over to hang out! We had to be at the airport by 9, so I had to get up at 730. Yes, when it comes to sleep, I'm a snob. I just packed up my bags, went downstairs to say goodnight, and crashed!
Check these pics out from the show.

3 Comments:
we miss you so much already! i hope you had a great time!
I could laugh at that VJ incident all day! I was laughing out loud while reading!! ahhahahaha!!!
OMG, that's the funniest thing I've heard all week. I wish I had seen that. Whenever I need a pick me up I'm going to come here and read that again. Like they say, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop! Rhoel.
Post a Comment
<< Home