Monday Afternoon
After the concert, we took the subway down to Battery Park. We heard that they still weren't letting people off at the Statue of Liberty so someone told us to just take the Staten Island Ferry for free.

We would go by the Statue and get our pictures that way.
But as the Ferry rode past it, we saw that there were actually people roaming around and on the pedestal. I had done the climb to the crown years ago, and don't think that I could do it again but I felt bad because Rich was disappointed.
After our roundtrip, we headed down to Ground Zero. There was a protest going on when we got there. Families of the 9/11 victims were protesting the intentions of the memorial that was going to go up. Some wanted it to represent things other than the victims themselves. The families only wanted it to be for the victims.
I had been to NY several times after 9/11 but could never bring myself to make it down to Ground Zero. As I got there and read the timeline of events on that fateful day, goosebumps ran up my arm and my neck. The tears just started rolling down my cheeks. It was so emotional for me. I thought that after 4 years, I could handle it...I was wrong. When you see things like this,

you can't help but cry.
We made our way to Mulberry St. (Little Italy) for some lunch. It wasn't like North Beach, where you have to search for people that speak Italian. They are true Italianos here!

After lunch, I rushed back to my hotel to meet with our European agents. My portion of the meeting wasn't until the end. I had to fight to stay awake because of the busy day that we had!
Rich roamed Grand Central Station and Times Square, taking pictures while I was working. He met me back at the hotel at 5 for our evening out. This is my favorite picture of the day.

We would go by the Statue and get our pictures that way.

But as the Ferry rode past it, we saw that there were actually people roaming around and on the pedestal. I had done the climb to the crown years ago, and don't think that I could do it again but I felt bad because Rich was disappointed.
After our roundtrip, we headed down to Ground Zero. There was a protest going on when we got there. Families of the 9/11 victims were protesting the intentions of the memorial that was going to go up. Some wanted it to represent things other than the victims themselves. The families only wanted it to be for the victims.
I had been to NY several times after 9/11 but could never bring myself to make it down to Ground Zero. As I got there and read the timeline of events on that fateful day, goosebumps ran up my arm and my neck. The tears just started rolling down my cheeks. It was so emotional for me. I thought that after 4 years, I could handle it...I was wrong. When you see things like this,

you can't help but cry.
We made our way to Mulberry St. (Little Italy) for some lunch. It wasn't like North Beach, where you have to search for people that speak Italian. They are true Italianos here!

After lunch, I rushed back to my hotel to meet with our European agents. My portion of the meeting wasn't until the end. I had to fight to stay awake because of the busy day that we had!
Rich roamed Grand Central Station and Times Square, taking pictures while I was working. He met me back at the hotel at 5 for our evening out. This is my favorite picture of the day.

2 Comments:
Maricel, I left Isaac's invite in your mail bin.
i think it's called collective consciousness. we are all affected by 9/11. how can we not be? it's a kind of mass trauma too. really makes you wonder, how cruel people can be.
LG
Post a Comment
<< Home