Sunday, June 26, 2005

My So-Called "Uneventful" Weekend

The only thing that we had planned to do on Saturday was to take Kobers to Pt. Isabel, then drop by Costco. We were going through our normal routine of walking to the beach and throwing Kobi his toy. Then it happened. As Rich was throwing Kobi's toy, he yells in pain and doubles over. He strained a muscle in his back. He thought it might be a reoccurring sciatic issue.

So, we headed back to the front of the park. He hobbled his way back while Kobi and I walked ahead, checking over my shoulder often to make sure he was ok.

I thought we were going to head back home right away but he still wanted to go to Costco. I did some shopping while he printed out some pictures from the digital camera. Standing for over an hour in one position, made the pain even worse.

After I bought everything, it was off to the emergency room. They ended up giving him a shot in the hip to ease the pain. He cracked me up because he got high in such a short amount of time. They prescribed some meds and off we went. He has to "walk" with a cane to ease the pain.

What sucked the most was there was no pharmacy in the hospital. I went to 3 pharmacies surrounding the hospital and not one was open! I wasn't about to go to Oakland to get some drugs.

Today, he felt worse and he could barely get up. I decided to stay home from practice to take care of him. He's doing better now that he's got the vike!

4 Comments:

At 6/27/2005 01:21:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I was wondering where you were. Hope he gets well soon!

 
At 6/27/2005 01:09:00 PM, Blogger R said...

I hate it when I have to go all the way to Oakland for some drugs. Rhoel.

 
At 6/27/2005 04:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damoomoo hurt his back a few years ago while moving. He went to his friend who's a chiropractor, and took him off his drugs, and into 3 or 4 sessions of back-cracking therapy!

Hope he feels better!

 
At 6/27/2005 09:26:00 PM, Blogger Mel said...

MEN! Hope Rich feels better, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home