The Real Reason for Going to NY
I had my meeting today at the MTV offices on Times Square.

While I was at my meeting, Rich ventured over to Madison Square Garden.

I told him to meet up with me around 4, so he can join us for our social event. Usually when we're in NY, we watch a Broadway play or just go out to dinner. Since it was summer, we suggested doing something different. So, we ended up doing a Scavenger Hunt in Greenwich Village.
We got lucky with the weather because last week was supposedly really hot and humid. A cold front came in and cooled the temperatures down to the 80s with no humidity. So, with great weather, the scavenger hunt actually became one of the highlights of the trip.
We broke up into 3 groups and were given digital cameras. We had to take some crazy team pictures like saluting someone in a uniform, looking afraid with a skeleton in the photo, doing something "friendsy" in front of the Friends apartment building. We didn't have to bring back things but rather look for clues and write down the answers as we found them.
My only regret is that we didn't get to finish. Not only because I'm ANAL and very COMPETITIVE and SOME people on my team were as slow as hell! (Kidding...well, only kind of) But because it was a great way to explore that part of the city. It's such a cute neighborhood!
We ended up getting 2nd place. Mainly because she loved our photos. Thanks Rich...he was the mastermind behind the crazy pics that we took.
The final stop of the hunt was a restaurant called "One"

That place was yummy! It was my first experience eating Kobe beef. I couldn't help but feel guilty since I was eating something called Kobe. It was delicious but I'm not sure it's worth the price.
Game 6 was on and Rich and I wanted to catch it. So, after dinner we headed over to Jayzee's bar 40/40

It was sweet because there was 1 huge TV screen over the bar and a bunch of other screens spread out all over the place. During commercials the DJ would spin some jams...Jayzee and Beyonce songs being the majority.
All the seats were taken but we saw a bunch of people sitting on the stairs facing the big screen TV. So, I did also. The waiters bring you big pillows on request to make it more comfortable.

Later on the night, we moved up to some couches on the stairs

This time around, there was an equal amount of San Antonio fans vs Detroit fans. Too bad San Antonio didn't take it all there. It would have been a fun place to see the final game.

While I was at my meeting, Rich ventured over to Madison Square Garden.

I told him to meet up with me around 4, so he can join us for our social event. Usually when we're in NY, we watch a Broadway play or just go out to dinner. Since it was summer, we suggested doing something different. So, we ended up doing a Scavenger Hunt in Greenwich Village.
We got lucky with the weather because last week was supposedly really hot and humid. A cold front came in and cooled the temperatures down to the 80s with no humidity. So, with great weather, the scavenger hunt actually became one of the highlights of the trip.
We broke up into 3 groups and were given digital cameras. We had to take some crazy team pictures like saluting someone in a uniform, looking afraid with a skeleton in the photo, doing something "friendsy" in front of the Friends apartment building. We didn't have to bring back things but rather look for clues and write down the answers as we found them.
My only regret is that we didn't get to finish. Not only because I'm ANAL and very COMPETITIVE and SOME people on my team were as slow as hell! (Kidding...well, only kind of) But because it was a great way to explore that part of the city. It's such a cute neighborhood!
We ended up getting 2nd place. Mainly because she loved our photos. Thanks Rich...he was the mastermind behind the crazy pics that we took.
The final stop of the hunt was a restaurant called "One"

That place was yummy! It was my first experience eating Kobe beef. I couldn't help but feel guilty since I was eating something called Kobe. It was delicious but I'm not sure it's worth the price.
Game 6 was on and Rich and I wanted to catch it. So, after dinner we headed over to Jayzee's bar 40/40

It was sweet because there was 1 huge TV screen over the bar and a bunch of other screens spread out all over the place. During commercials the DJ would spin some jams...Jayzee and Beyonce songs being the majority.
All the seats were taken but we saw a bunch of people sitting on the stairs facing the big screen TV. So, I did also. The waiters bring you big pillows on request to make it more comfortable.

Later on the night, we moved up to some couches on the stairs

This time around, there was an equal amount of San Antonio fans vs Detroit fans. Too bad San Antonio didn't take it all there. It would have been a fun place to see the final game.

3 Comments:
"okay, Rich said notice the 4 inch square window in the door. It's a peep hole just like the old underground mafia clubs".
i want to see your scavenger hunt photos!
The scavenger hunt company gave us a digital camera to take the pics. She took it away from us after. I would have loved to keep those photos!
Post a Comment
<< Home