You Guys
I ran into a friend, from IT, in the Dining Commons. I used to see him a lot because we were working on developing a home-grown Licensing system.
While we were chatting in line, he mentioned that he moved back to The City. Then he said, "Now that we're settled in, we should invite you guys over."
I told him that would be nice...then I realized he said "you guys". I said, "you do know that Bryan and I broke up, right?" He shook his head in embarrassment. I didn't trip. In fact, I felt bad because he felt bad.
I just find it interesting that even though I work in a small company, people still don't know. It's been almost a year since we split up and we've gone to several company events solo or with our own friends. I actually find comfort in that, because it proves that not all people gossip as much as I would expect them to.
While we were chatting in line, he mentioned that he moved back to The City. Then he said, "Now that we're settled in, we should invite you guys over."
I told him that would be nice...then I realized he said "you guys". I said, "you do know that Bryan and I broke up, right?" He shook his head in embarrassment. I didn't trip. In fact, I felt bad because he felt bad.
I just find it interesting that even though I work in a small company, people still don't know. It's been almost a year since we split up and we've gone to several company events solo or with our own friends. I actually find comfort in that, because it proves that not all people gossip as much as I would expect them to.

1 Comments:
I know the feeling. People still ask me, "so what are you going to do with your BMW now that you have a new car"
I got rid of it in January.
Post a Comment
<< Home