Saturday, July 16, 2005

Garages

I heard an ad on the radio for a garage door special with Mr. Garage Door. That has been on my list of things to do around the house. Since I had my Charlie Brown moment of running into the garage, it doesn't open anymore. And the paint has been stripping off the wood.

So hearing the ad gave me incentive to upgrade. Mr. Garage Door came over at 9. Of course, the doors that were on the ads were the standard tract home styles. I wanted to design a door that would match the mediterranean style of the house. He tried to show me different styles of windows that could go on the standard garage to give it the mediterranean feel. But I wanted something different.

I asked him if he had pictures of mediterranean homes, so I can use it as a basis. The first thing he says to me is "Don't fall in love with it." Here's the picture.



We basically are going to "create" the same style. It's kind of like Bev & Gary's Sensible Chic show. So, I selected the standard flush panel



Then I'm going to buy the accessories (the studs, straps, and door knockers). I'm going to paint it so the color matches the front door. When I asked him how much the expensive doors cost compared to the ones we designed, he said to add a zero to the end of the estimate. I was in shock!

Hopefully, it will turn out ok.

4 Comments:

At 7/18/2005 09:53:00 PM, Blogger mrs cruz said...

Good luck with your new project!

 
At 7/19/2005 03:38:00 PM, Blogger DraMama said...

Cute! I love your house! Nels and I still have to see the new renovations. We didnt make it up to your party a few months back.

 
At 7/19/2005 06:42:00 PM, Blogger DJ John said...

Studs, straps and door knockers? Are you sure you're not building an S&M dungeon?

 
At 7/20/2005 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Mur said...

John, you found me out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home