Getting the Visa
I took the day off today to take care of the Brazil visa. My original plan was to go to work in the morning, since I had a meeting, then leave right after. But my meeting got canceled and decided to just take the day off.
By the time I got the money order and filled up the gas tank, I got to the Consulate around 930ish. I was probably there for about 10 minutes before Randy walked in.
We were both glad that we were there for each other. He forgot the invitation letter, so I was able to use mine for the both of us. The Consulate has been very inconsistent with the forms that they've been taking to apply for the visa. Since some of the LIKHA folks applied without the itinerary, I didn't even bother making a copy of it. But I decided to bring it with me "just in case." Good thing I did because they said they needed it. So, I passed on my original.
It will be ready on Wednesday and I was wondering what I would do since I wasn't sure I could take another day off. But Randy volunteered to pick it up for me since he works in the City. Whew! One less thing to worry about. Thanks Randy!
By the time I got the money order and filled up the gas tank, I got to the Consulate around 930ish. I was probably there for about 10 minutes before Randy walked in.
We were both glad that we were there for each other. He forgot the invitation letter, so I was able to use mine for the both of us. The Consulate has been very inconsistent with the forms that they've been taking to apply for the visa. Since some of the LIKHA folks applied without the itinerary, I didn't even bother making a copy of it. But I decided to bring it with me "just in case." Good thing I did because they said they needed it. So, I passed on my original.
It will be ready on Wednesday and I was wondering what I would do since I wasn't sure I could take another day off. But Randy volunteered to pick it up for me since he works in the City. Whew! One less thing to worry about. Thanks Randy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home