Monday, July 25, 2005

JT's Baptism

Saturday was JT's (Belinda's son's) baptism.



A few days earlier, Belinda called to ask a favor. She asked if we could videotape the ceremony at the church.

I barely have a decent eye for pictures, let alone videotaping. When I talked to her, I said "Are you SURE you want me to videotape?" She said "I really wanted Rich to do the video, not you! I like the pictures he takes." Ha, I knew it!

That's ok because it made me feel good that they were including him in the ceremony, especially since they've only met once. It made him feel pretty comfortable. So, while Rich videotaped, I played with my new camera that I bought on Ebay for Brazil.



So, after a full day of errands and doggy parks, we headed over to Orinda at 430 in the heat of the heat wave! Damn it was hot. So hot in fact, that I was dripping sweat just waiting for my car to be done at the car wash. When Rich saw me, he said I looked like a druggy going through withdrawals! I digress...

They had the reception at their home....the last hurrah before they make their move to Seattle. The parking is pretty tight so they hired a valet company to park all the cars. When I pulled up the hill up to their house, there were a couple cars ahead of me. I panicked because I'm horrible getting caught on hills with a stick shift! The car died on me twice before I actually made it up the hill. What made it worse were the people standing around watching me be traumatized. EEK!

They set up the courtyard with tables and chairs but we ended up hanging out in the balcony, on the sunny side. It was HOOOOTTTT!



But, it was our nice little private area to just chill....and there was a cooler of drinks there just for us!



I left Rich to hang with the boys while the galz hung out. It was his first time meeting most of them or at least getting to know them. He had a really good time....and so did I.



Here are the rest of the pics from the party.

6 Comments:

At 7/26/2005 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Did you two plan to wear blue together? how gay ;-P

 
At 7/26/2005 08:53:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

Awe...look at the BLUE family. haha! I agree....Kinda gay. ;) I think PINK wouldve been cute on you guys too.

 
At 7/26/2005 11:24:00 AM, Blogger bev said...

i was going to comment on the same shirt colors too...haha :)

 
At 7/26/2005 03:40:00 PM, Blogger Mur said...

NO, we didn't plan it that way!

 
At 7/26/2005 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Yeah, sure Mur, you only live together. NICE TRY

 
At 7/27/2005 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Mel said...

I LIKE the matching-matching! It tells eyeryone you're together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home