Saturday, July 23, 2005

The "Kid" Next Door

At the bottom of the hill from my house, is a preschool. Last month, Rich said to me...."I think there's a slow kid at the school. He's always talking loud and his speech is slurred." I couldn't help but laugh. I knew exactly who he was talking about. It wasn't a kid....it's the bird next door.

When I first moved in, I would wake up to loud screams of "SANTINO!!!!!" Santino is the youngest son. I figured he got yelled at a lot and that's why the bird mimicked Margie.

Margie even told me a funny story about Lalo, the bird. One day, it was out of its cage hanging out on the 2nd floor deck. Apparently, something freaked it out and it "flew down" to the yard, unknowingly to Margie. For days, she was looking for him but couldn't find him. Then one day, she hears, "HELP!" She looks at the bottom of her yard, and there's Lalo trying to walk up the hill but continuing to slip down. The bird is smart enough to talk but dumb enough not to know that he can fly back up to the deck!

Well, this morning was almost too much. Lalo is having a major identity crisis! This morning I awoke to him Baa-ing nonstop like a frickin' goat! One day, I'm going to flip out and throw my shoe at it!

2 Comments:

At 7/23/2005 01:35:00 AM, Blogger Da Factor said...

That bird is louder than the dogs around the block.

 
At 7/25/2005 12:36:00 PM, Blogger DraMama said...

Thats hilariou s and weird!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home