Monday, July 04, 2005

May the Fourth Be With You

We decided to clean house today. With Jake and Cam being gone, there was a lot of straightening up and vacuuming that needed to be done.

When we got to a good stopping point, I wanted to go to Ross. My zipper on my big suitcase is starting to break and I didn't want to take any chances with the Brazil trip. So, I spent a good hour and a half buying a new suitcase, a travel bag, skirts, and summer tops for the trip. The best part was I spent only $200! I love Ross...yes, my Ilocano roots are showing.

My number one priority after that, was bringing Kobi over to "mom's" in Hercules. Pinole does a fireworks show at Bayfront Park, overlooking the water. It's only a few blocks away from my house.

Ever since last year's pitbull attack, he's been extremely afraid of anything that sounds remotely like fireworks. Even seeing fireworks or fire on TV freaks him out.

When we got home from eating dinner, he was already skittish. The kids in the neighborhood got started early. He followed us everywhere and wanted to make sure that he wasn't alone. I tried to feed him before we left but he was just shaking so much.

So, I grabbed some work that I brought home, grabbed his food bowl, and grabbed Kobi. Away we went. As soon as he got there, he was so much more relaxed. He started playing with the toys we brought him and even licked his bowl clean.

Then, he went out to take a poop. I was working at the dinner table and mom was outside with him. All of a sudden, he comes bolting into the house and runs upstairs into Rich's room. Mom said the fireworks started as soon as he started pooping. I think he cut it short...literally :)

We hung out til almost 11. She taped the Bo Bice concert from the Today show. After watching it frame by frame, we spotted Rich. He's so damn tall and you can also spot him holding up his camera to take pics. I, on the other hand, being the midget, was nowhere to be seen.

But I was there....I tell ya!

7 Comments:

At 7/06/2005 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

What ever happened to that guy on Fame?

 
At 7/06/2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger bev said...

you know it's going to be winter weather in brazil, right?

 
At 7/06/2005 11:14:00 PM, Blogger bev said...

oh, and my suitcase is from marshall's. hehe :)

 
At 7/07/2005 09:19:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

Youre traveling again? When is your trip? Is Rich going too? How fun!

BTW- I got my suitcase from the swap meet! ;)

 
At 7/07/2005 09:43:00 AM, Blogger Mur said...

Gary, huh?

Dramama - LIKHA is going to Brazil in August for a dance festival. Unfortunately, my man has to stay home to make all his doctor's appts.

 
At 7/07/2005 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Mur said...

Bev, damn! I guess I have to go shopping again!

 
At 7/07/2005 11:33:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

Also-you dont have to be Ilocano to shop at Ross!

I got some good stuff for our new apartment from there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home