Raiders of the Lost Ark
This summer, Pinole started outdoor cinema in the park. Thursdays are music and Fridays are movies. Last week was the first week, premiering with "Casablanca." Since I was at Galz Night, I wasn't able to go.
So, tonight, I wanted to make sure that we did. They showed "Raiders". Ironic, since today I worked on participations for Raiders and the lawsuit I was involved in was dropped last week.
So after dinner, we packed up snacks, drinks, beach chairs, a blanket, and Kobi. It was Kobi's first big screen movie! We got there a few minutes before it started and the lawn was already packed. We basically parked ourselves at the top of the hill.
I was worried about how Kobi would react. We were already prepared to leave before the movie ended. But, he was amazingly great. The whole night, he laid on the blanket I brought. He wanted to start barking once he spotted the Irish Wolfhounds. But we were able to distract him with cheesy treats.
Quick Digression: Irish Wolfhounds are so tall that they are taller than Shaq when they are standing on their hind legs.

I was really surprised that he didn't freak out during the movie. Usually, he gets nervous with gunshots and loud noises. But he actually had his back turned towards the screen, so he could people watch. I think that helped ease his anxiety.
It was a pretty cool setup. The sound was pretty good and they projected the movie on a screen attached to what looked like the jumpy thingy without the jumpy part. They even had a booth selling ice cream, soda, kettle corn, and FUNNEL CAKE!!!! My favorite!
So, I run back to Rich and ask him how much $ he had, since I didn't bring my wallet. He had $3...the cost of the Funnel Cake was $5! Dammit! Oh well...I'm on a diet.
It was great entertainment and the best part was it was free! I'm looking forward to the other movies this summer.
So, tonight, I wanted to make sure that we did. They showed "Raiders". Ironic, since today I worked on participations for Raiders and the lawsuit I was involved in was dropped last week.
So after dinner, we packed up snacks, drinks, beach chairs, a blanket, and Kobi. It was Kobi's first big screen movie! We got there a few minutes before it started and the lawn was already packed. We basically parked ourselves at the top of the hill.
I was worried about how Kobi would react. We were already prepared to leave before the movie ended. But, he was amazingly great. The whole night, he laid on the blanket I brought. He wanted to start barking once he spotted the Irish Wolfhounds. But we were able to distract him with cheesy treats.
Quick Digression: Irish Wolfhounds are so tall that they are taller than Shaq when they are standing on their hind legs.

I was really surprised that he didn't freak out during the movie. Usually, he gets nervous with gunshots and loud noises. But he actually had his back turned towards the screen, so he could people watch. I think that helped ease his anxiety.
It was a pretty cool setup. The sound was pretty good and they projected the movie on a screen attached to what looked like the jumpy thingy without the jumpy part. They even had a booth selling ice cream, soda, kettle corn, and FUNNEL CAKE!!!! My favorite!
So, I run back to Rich and ask him how much $ he had, since I didn't bring my wallet. He had $3...the cost of the Funnel Cake was $5! Dammit! Oh well...I'm on a diet.
It was great entertainment and the best part was it was free! I'm looking forward to the other movies this summer.

5 Comments:
Next time I'm bringing a cooler of beer. Oh, and some money for Funnel cakes.
Is this at Fernandez park? Man, I'm missing out.
Yup, I was going to invite everyone over but you guys are all at rondalla practice.
I love watching outdoor movies!
Hey man....I went down a belt notch, so there!
Post a Comment
<< Home