Softball Tourney
This season was a short one. Because of the move to the Presidio, we had to move the season earlier since the games were all at Skywalker. Because of that, we got rained out a couple of times. The only thing was, we couldn't make it up because there weren't any days left to do so.
So, with one forfeit on our part (not enough people) and a couple of other forfeits from the other teams, we only played about 7 games. I think I only played 4 or 5. So, it wasn't a very fulfilling season for me.
I wasn't batting great and my fielding was as horrible as ever but I still had fun.
We drew the short straw, so we ended up with the 9am game. That actually worked out since Isaac's party was on the same day.
The game was close til the end. Although we lost, it was my personal best all season. I got on base 4 out of 5 times! That's the most I've gotten on base putting all the games of the season together. I finally found the bat I loved..but it was a little too late. Oh well...it was a good way for me to end the season.
Who knows if I'll play next year. The best thing about it, is making new friends. I ended up on a team with a bunch of ILMers and LucasArts folks.
Here's a small world story. A guy from my team used to dance for a Polynesian dance company. They used to practice at Jon Sims...right after we did! I just found out today!
So, with one forfeit on our part (not enough people) and a couple of other forfeits from the other teams, we only played about 7 games. I think I only played 4 or 5. So, it wasn't a very fulfilling season for me.
I wasn't batting great and my fielding was as horrible as ever but I still had fun.
We drew the short straw, so we ended up with the 9am game. That actually worked out since Isaac's party was on the same day.
The game was close til the end. Although we lost, it was my personal best all season. I got on base 4 out of 5 times! That's the most I've gotten on base putting all the games of the season together. I finally found the bat I loved..but it was a little too late. Oh well...it was a good way for me to end the season.
Who knows if I'll play next year. The best thing about it, is making new friends. I ended up on a team with a bunch of ILMers and LucasArts folks.
Here's a small world story. A guy from my team used to dance for a Polynesian dance company. They used to practice at Jon Sims...right after we did! I just found out today!

3 Comments:
are you at the Presidio now?
LucasArts' first day is today. We move in Sept.
Good to see you're still swinging away. I gotta get you on one of our coed tourneys sometime.
Post a Comment
<< Home