Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Trip I took

Today was supposed to be an errand filled day since it's my last full day to do so. We were making great time. We hit the bank, watch repair store, my optometrist, Long's, and we met up with Rich's best friend (who was visiting from LA) at the Sea Breeze Cafe in Berkeley.

We had Cam & Kobi with us. We were planning to check out the Kite Festival at the Berkeley Marina for a half hour but there was way toooo many people there and they were charging for parking.

So, we went to Albany Beach, behind Golden Gate Fields, instead. While Kobi and I were romping on the beach, Rich & Cam put his glider together.

Kobi needed a bath afterwards, so we went to Pet Food Express since I had a bath token. He usually wears a harness because he's over 100 pounds and pulls me so easily. But since he just got done swimming in the ocean, I only put his leash on. When we got out of the car, I grabbed hold of his leash and headed towards the store.

Unfortunately, there was a kitty adoption set up in front. So, Kobi got excited and started pulling me. Well, I wasn't prepared and tripped on the curb. I went flying and landed on my right knee, knocking my purse out of my hand, cell phone flying, and the sunglasses off my head.

I just sat there stunned for a minute while all these people came over to help me. Rich and Cam didn't even see it happen. All they saw was me on the ground and people trying to help me up. I couldn't put weight on my leg at all. They gave me a chair to sit on and poured cold water on a towel for me. They gave me a kitty crate to use to elevate my leg while Rich ran to the store to get some ice.

As soon as Rich said,"oh no, you have to dance soon", I had to fight back the sting of the tears. A couple escaped down my cheek but I fought them off as best I could.

I sat in the chair for about a half hour, icing the knee, while Rich and Cam brought Kobi in to wash him. Instead of running the rest of the errands, we went home so I can ice it more. I ended up falling asleep until my 530 appointment with the laser hair removal....more pain!

We ended up running more errands after that and I was able to get 98% of my errands done before all the shops closed.

So, tomorrow, I need to take it easy at practice....our last practice....our much needed practice. But I don't want to be like Mark from KP and dance on it and possibly making it worse.

It's fine when I walk but going up and down stairs and bending it kills! I'm taking Rich's 800mg of Ibuprofen to help the swelling go down.

5 Comments:

At 7/31/2005 10:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl hope your okay... was this the same injury that had you on crutches (& cast) on my birthday coouple years ago, or the one before your Costa Rica trip?

 
At 7/31/2005 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Mur said...

Completely different leg! I don't have good luck when it comes to leg injuries.

 
At 8/01/2005 08:41:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

Oh no!!! Not again!!! Hope you are feeling better!

 
At 8/01/2005 09:24:00 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

oooh, ouch! hope it heals quick!!

 
At 8/01/2005 04:27:00 PM, Blogger It's just me said...

Hope you're ok now...good luck with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home