Friday, July 01, 2005

WOTW

We picked up Cam the night before and ended up watching "War of the Worlds" tonight. We bought our tickets early because I knew that the theatre would be packed. So, after buying our tix, we went to have dinner.

We almost didn't make it because Cam and I were pretty pooped. But, after eating, we got our 2nd wind and headed over.

By the time we got parking, it was 10 til 9 and the movie started at 910. The only seats left, were the first 3 rows. So, we parked ourselves in the middle of the 3rd row and made due.

The movie was very entertaining. This was the movie we were worried would be our biggest competition this summer. The special effects were good but two-thirds along the way, I got kind of confused. It was a pretty disturbing movie, to say the least. Although it's a sci-fi flick, they made it very believable. It wasn't really the situation that was believable, but the way the citizens of the US were affected by the tragedy and state of emergency.

I think part of my dislike for Tom Cruise, as of late, put a bad taste in my mouth. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I saw it pre-Matt Lauer interview.

2 Comments:

At 7/06/2005 09:23:00 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

i'm on the fence bout seeing the WOTW. i'm curious to see it, but does it have to have Tom Cruise? i'm still boycotting, for now. i have to admit though, when i saw EP3, the ad for WOTW looked so compelling. maybe i'll just watch it when someone else rents it. :-p

 
At 7/06/2005 10:36:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

Too much media going on for Tom, Especially of him and Kate. At first I was happy for them but now I am just bored to tears. I dont think I am going to see WOTW or Batman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home