The Black Eyed Peas
About a month ago, People Magazine did a 2 page spread on the BEP. They basically had a blown up picture, with their names next to it and a quick summary on each of them.
I saw it, and thought, "wow, they screwed up." They had "apl.de.ap" next to the wrong guy. I figured someone would write in and correct the Editor but I never saw a comment.
Then, tonight, I was reading my new issue. Again, they mixed the names up. Then something clicked in my head.
I opened the page up and said, "babe, which one is the Pilipino guy?" He pointed to Apl. I said, "man, People is totally screwing this up!"
Then I started to doubt myself and tried to look it up on the BEP website but I couldn't find anything with their names next to their pictures. So I googled apl.de.ap and clicked on "images."
My jaw dropped! This whole time I thought Taboo was apl! I feel like my whole world was turned upside down since everytime I heard the Apl song, I pictured Taboo singing it. I'm exaggerating, of course. But, I downloaded the video just to see him sing the dang song.
Man, what else do I think I know, that I really don't? A whole hell of a lot I bet!
I saw it, and thought, "wow, they screwed up." They had "apl.de.ap" next to the wrong guy. I figured someone would write in and correct the Editor but I never saw a comment.
Then, tonight, I was reading my new issue. Again, they mixed the names up. Then something clicked in my head.
I opened the page up and said, "babe, which one is the Pilipino guy?" He pointed to Apl. I said, "man, People is totally screwing this up!"
Then I started to doubt myself and tried to look it up on the BEP website but I couldn't find anything with their names next to their pictures. So I googled apl.de.ap and clicked on "images."
My jaw dropped! This whole time I thought Taboo was apl! I feel like my whole world was turned upside down since everytime I heard the Apl song, I pictured Taboo singing it. I'm exaggerating, of course. But, I downloaded the video just to see him sing the dang song.
Man, what else do I think I know, that I really don't? A whole hell of a lot I bet!

8 Comments:
(shaking my head)
yah, it's the guy with the mohawk, right? not the one with the long hair. i know other people that thought what you did, so you're not alone.
haha - you're so funny, i thought that when they first came out too! (but now that i know who apl is i do see specks of pinoy in him) :)
I'm still wondering what nationality Taboo is...
apl was just on Balitang America a couple of days ago; he made a surprise appearance at the fiesta filipina (whichever one of those festivals are at Civic center).
funny you mention BEP and mistaken identities; this whole time I thought Fergie was the 2nd older girl in Kids Inc but it was the youngest girl. it clicked in my subconscious during my sleep, just a few days ago! no wonder she looked so different! :)
Fergie was in Kids Inc?
yes - aka Stacy Ferguson. i was mixing her up with the other girl Renee!
i think taboo is latino... but yeh mur---(randy shaking head along with angelo).
Post a Comment
<< Home