Thursday, August 04, 2005

Travel Day

We're in Brazil now and as you probably already read on Gary's blog, there is only one computer here that everyone has to share with a 10 minute limit. The ony problem is that it is super slow.

We ended up traveling for a good 32 hours before reaching our destination of Nova Prata. Things went pretty smooth at SFO during check-in. No missing people this time around. The only thing that bothered me was watching a man beat his poodle up, trying to get him to stay in his traveling bag. I had to walk away because I couldn´t watch him. I debated about saying something to him, but I didn´t want to create drama right before we left.

I pretty much slept the whole trip to Chicago. When we got to Chicago, KC didn´t have an assigned seat, so she ended up sitting in 1st class. But the Varig flight from Miami to Sao Paolo wasn´t bad since Warren and I sat in the row behind business class ad had a ton of leg room.

We had a couple hours layover in Sao Poalo, and that's where the girls ended up putting their hair up.

The only problem was, we still had about 6 hours of traveling to go, and sleeping with a bun head is one of the most uncomfortable things.




People ended up buying snacks but instead of change, they got chiclets and candy back.

It was funny because Cha wanted to buy something just so she could get candy, but they gave her back her money instead. She was so disappointed!


When we got here, we had lunch and roamed the town. It's a very small town and we were able to walk it in less than an hour. After getting back, we heard the drums going on in the back.

The Africans and Lithuanians were dancing to the beat of the drums, so we joined in as well.

Very cool!

As most of the LIKHETTES went out to party, a handful of us stayed back to rest and get organized...one of them being me.

Tomorrow is our first performance, which by the way, I'm not in. But that's ok because my knee is still bothering me. Until tomorrow...Ciao!

1 Comments:

At 8/07/2005 02:41:00 AM, Blogger Da Factor said...

Make sure you use your handy biofreeze..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home