Filling Up Suitcases and People That Don't Think
So, Saturday morning, we are off to San Antonio. I brought 2 huge suitcases to work today. I put an email out asking for any types of donations that I can bring with me: toiletries, paperback books, medicines, clothes, etc. If anyone wants to drop off anything at my house by Friday night, let me know.
On another note, I went on Craigslist to see what kinds of housing people were offering to the victims. As wonderful as they are, there are still some, let's just say, "not so bright" people out there.
Just to give you a couple of examples: One guy was offering a free house in exchange for carpenter work. I thought that was a great idea because it gives him work that he can later be hired for. But the catch? He must have his own tools! Are you kidding me?????? Yes, I leave my home, my pets, my most prized belongings...but wait....let me salvage my tools in case I need to build something at the shelters.
And another home being offered in LA. Their selling point? 3 miles away from the Beach! HELLO!!! Yes, after being tortured by 20 feet of water, the thing I want to have most is a beach front home.
Come on people! Yes, thank you for your generosity. But let's use a little common sense here.
On another note, I went on Craigslist to see what kinds of housing people were offering to the victims. As wonderful as they are, there are still some, let's just say, "not so bright" people out there.
Just to give you a couple of examples: One guy was offering a free house in exchange for carpenter work. I thought that was a great idea because it gives him work that he can later be hired for. But the catch? He must have his own tools! Are you kidding me?????? Yes, I leave my home, my pets, my most prized belongings...but wait....let me salvage my tools in case I need to build something at the shelters.
And another home being offered in LA. Their selling point? 3 miles away from the Beach! HELLO!!! Yes, after being tortured by 20 feet of water, the thing I want to have most is a beach front home.
Come on people! Yes, thank you for your generosity. But let's use a little common sense here.

2 Comments:
ok Mur, breathe...and breathe.
Can you get me a magnet from San Antonio? thanks
Post a Comment
<< Home