Friday, October 28, 2005

Drs Appointments and David's 40th Birthday

This morning, I went to a consultation for LASIK. It turns out that I'm a perfect candidate and I'm scheduled for surgery the Monday before Thanksgiving. I figure it shouldn't be too busy then, and I can take the extra days to recuperate. I'm nervous but excited at the same time.

They dilated my eyes and I had the worst time trying to drive. They gave me some Ray Charles inserts for my glasses but it didn't help that much. I actually saw better without my glasses then when I had them on.

In the afternoon, I had a follow-up with my doctor. Apparently, my "paralysis" problem was normal and he told me I should be feeling better the next day. He was right. That solved my shoulder problem. Unfortunately, my wrist is a different story. He prescribed 6 more physical therapy visits to get that taken care of. I hope I get rid of this soon!

It was Rich's brother's 40th birthday. So, his family went to Celia's in Berkeley for some Mexican grub. Then we headed over to Skates at the Berkeley Marina for more drinks. I actually had a couple, since things have been so stressful for me lately.

I ended up staying up until 230am because I had to burn a cd of pictures for my parents' slideshow for their 40th Wedding Anniversary. I had to give it to my sister-in-law the next morning. It took about an hour to download the software and I had to get it done that night. I was so exhausted the next day! I felt like Gary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home