Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Invitation

Today I got an invitation in the mail:

Mr and Mrs Michael Frianeza
Request the Honor of Your Presence
At the Marriage of Their Daughter
Kea Lizelle Frianeza
to Nicco Rivera

Although I've known about the wedding for some time, seeing it on paper was a little emotional for me. Kea is my 20 year old niece and she's getting married this weekend in Vegas.
But she's more than a niece to me. We're also friends.
I want the best for her, her husband, and the baby girl that's growing inside of her. As difficult as it was to hear the news, we've come to terms and will do what we need to support her and her new family. She will inevitably go through some rough times but I will always be her Auntie Mur that wiped her tears away and made her feel better when she was a kid.

11 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 08:22:00 AM, Blogger mrs cruz said...

I know how you feel. My niece still has a long way to go. But just thinking that she could be doing the same thing one day brings a tear to my eye too. I hope everything goes well for her.

 
At 10/19/2005 10:34:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

We couldnt believe it either! See you in Vegas this weekend!!! ( BTW-I think the girls are getting together on Friday Night for her bachelorette thing...bring your hoochie gear!)

 
At 10/19/2005 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Mur said...

Nice how she tells you stuff and not me! What's up with that? BTW, where have you been?

 
At 10/19/2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Mel said...

I must be emotional or something today...I teared up a bit reading your post!...and I don't even know your niece!

 
At 10/19/2005 01:21:00 PM, Blogger Mur said...

Mel, are you bontis (sp?) I teared up writing it!

 
At 10/19/2005 09:37:00 PM, Blogger DraMama said...

Kea asked me to think of stuff to do...since majority of the girls are under 21 and Nels and I are always in Vegas. So far-- not much luck.

I know, Ive been M.I.A. Been super busy...We'll catch up in Vegas! Love ya!

 
At 10/20/2005 12:27:00 AM, Blogger DJ John said...

You have hoochie gear?

 
At 10/20/2005 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Mur said...

Ah....no!

 
At 10/20/2005 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Trust me, if I were pregnant, it would have been posted!!! But, hey, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks!=)

 
At 10/20/2005 12:43:00 PM, Blogger DraMama said...

Mur, You know there is something in the closet that is somewhat hoochie! Admit it! ;)

Time to get your HOOCH on. haha!

 
At 10/22/2005 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Girl, you know you got hoochie gear, don't be in denial.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home