Ow! My shoulder!
I got an MRI on Monday to determine whether I needed to get a cortisone shot. They basically give you ear plugs since it's super loud, slide you into an enclosed tunnel-like contraption, and check with you every few minutes to make sure you're ok. You can't move at all, otherwise they'll have to start all over again. Rich warned me about being claustrophobic in there. But I guess I was so wiped out from Vegas, it was a good excuse for me to take a 20 minute nap.
I hand delivered the film today to an orthopaedic surgeon. After looking at the films, he saw some inflammation in my right shoulder joint. So, he reached in the cupboard for a handy dandy cortisone shot. I knew he was a good doctor because he had all these autographed photos of athletes on his wall. He also had a bunch of articles about him framed. And most importantly, he had "One of the Best Doctors" award as voted by his peers.
So, when I asked him if it would hurt, he said no. He said he's done more of these than anyone dead or alive. He does about 25 a day. Because he was such a distinguished doctor, I believed him when he said it wouldn't hurt. Just call me "sucka!"
I closed my eyes before I even saw the needle. It didn't hurt that bad when he stuck it in my shoulder. But when he started pushing the syringe down to administer the medication, I just felt it rushing through my muscles. When he was done, I felt queasy and had to lay down a bit.
Hopefully, this will do the trick. Almost instantaneously, I felt my range of motion get better. My deltoid is still a little tender though. Just recently, my shoulder is starting to get really sore from the actual injection. Maybe in a couple of days, I can finally get a full night's sleep!
I hand delivered the film today to an orthopaedic surgeon. After looking at the films, he saw some inflammation in my right shoulder joint. So, he reached in the cupboard for a handy dandy cortisone shot. I knew he was a good doctor because he had all these autographed photos of athletes on his wall. He also had a bunch of articles about him framed. And most importantly, he had "One of the Best Doctors" award as voted by his peers.
So, when I asked him if it would hurt, he said no. He said he's done more of these than anyone dead or alive. He does about 25 a day. Because he was such a distinguished doctor, I believed him when he said it wouldn't hurt. Just call me "sucka!"
I closed my eyes before I even saw the needle. It didn't hurt that bad when he stuck it in my shoulder. But when he started pushing the syringe down to administer the medication, I just felt it rushing through my muscles. When he was done, I felt queasy and had to lay down a bit.
Hopefully, this will do the trick. Almost instantaneously, I felt my range of motion get better. My deltoid is still a little tender though. Just recently, my shoulder is starting to get really sore from the actual injection. Maybe in a couple of days, I can finally get a full night's sleep!

1 Comments:
i have RSI in my shoulder from playing guitar. i went on anti-inflammatory meds for 3 weeks to fix it, but once i stopped taking the meds it came right back -- which makes sense because i play every day. anyway, i hope your shoulder feels better.
Post a Comment
<< Home