Saturday, October 08, 2005

Performing In Livermore

Today we had a performance in Livermore for a pilipino Association. It was my first performance since Brazil and I was pretty nervous about it. Part of it was because the range of motion in my arm is still pretty crappy and it was pretty painful to dance....especially Jota Paragua.

Rich, his mom and step-dad came to watch. Although Rich has been to a bunch of our practices, this is the first time he got to watch us in costumes and on a stage. Cam was supposed to come but didn't quite make it. Rich really enjoyed it and is anxious to join Rondalla workshop.

I felt bad because they had to sit through the first half of the show. It started with a slide show, a younger dance company (which wasn't bad), and 2 singers that sang 3 long songs each plus a duet at the end. Rich said that he and his step-dad were nodding off at that point.

The theater was small and the stage even smaller. The show went pretty well, with the exception of a glass falling during Pandanggo. Other than that it was fine.

I also had to improvise my Pangsak costume. I forgot that I had to wear a white collared shirt under the jacket. So, I ended up using Bryan's barong. I was worried that the sashes would move and my bra revealed underneath, since the barong is see-through. But Kuya Ruds did some great pinning! We did come on stage a little late because Pau didn't get dressed in time. It was cool though.

I did have the unfortunate luck of running into some people from my past that did me wrong. It's funny how people forget how horrible they treat people and pretend like nothing happened. I did my best to just avoid any situations and urged Rich to leave the theatre rather quickly. I just hope that they do not have plans to join LIKHA in the future.

3 Comments:

At 10/09/2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Bryan said...

i thought you danced fabulously that night and i was rather happy with the performance overall (considering the rather crappy way i felt after the rehearsal...ugh.). but yay! i'm glad that rich will be joining rondeezee workshop! i didn't even know he was interested! i'm glad he caught that performance cuz the musicians were really vibin that night. :-)

 
At 10/12/2005 07:41:00 AM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Cool! Another musician to join the crew! Rich, if you're reading this...the rhythm section's where it's at! :)

 
At 10/12/2005 08:57:00 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Hey Rich if you're reading this, don't follow the Bass player, 'cause he's lost all the time..hahaha :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home