Starting My Day Late
After the late night, I slept in. In fact, I slept in until about 1. While I was sleeping, Rich had already woken up and taken Kobi to Pt. Isabel. I feel like I've been missing out because I usually go with them every weekend. This is the 2nd weekend in a row that I didn't go. Last week was because of the show in Livermore.
Tonight, we had another performance for a Davao Association in South San Francisco. Call time was at 530, so I really didn't have much time to do anything. We basically went to eat at a Pilipino Restaurant, then upon Rich's request went to Sunflower Bakery for some Pilipino deserts.
He surprises me sometimes because he really is into our culture. He even grabbed a couple of Pinoy newspapers outside of the bakery. I told hm that I don't read them and not to get them. He said he wanted them so he could read them in the bathroom.
And not to mention his infatuation with rondalla. He really wants to play and talks about it practically every day. Last week, he was even trying to convince Angelo to come over and start teaching him. Some days, I'll be at work and I'll get an Ebay email forwarded to me with pictures of different bandurrias. He's pretty bummed out when I email him telling him it's the wrong kind.
When we finally got home, it was around 4ish and I needed to get ready for the performance. But I was not in the mood and just started lagging. I finally got my butt off to South San Francisco around 5. I didn't get there until almost 630.
We actually didn't have to perform until 830. I got thrown into Fan last minute since Cassie didn't show up. But overall it was a good performance. I even borrowed Rich's Halloween makeup to use for Pangsak. This isn't me, by the way.

I actually want to buy more makeup since they have it at all the Halloween stores and keep it handy for future performances or tours.
After the performance, I headed to Berkeley to meet up with Rich. His best friend was visiting from LA. A bunch of his high school friends were there too. It was good to meet people that have known him for a really long time and could give me some insight to his past life.
Tonight, we had another performance for a Davao Association in South San Francisco. Call time was at 530, so I really didn't have much time to do anything. We basically went to eat at a Pilipino Restaurant, then upon Rich's request went to Sunflower Bakery for some Pilipino deserts.
He surprises me sometimes because he really is into our culture. He even grabbed a couple of Pinoy newspapers outside of the bakery. I told hm that I don't read them and not to get them. He said he wanted them so he could read them in the bathroom.
And not to mention his infatuation with rondalla. He really wants to play and talks about it practically every day. Last week, he was even trying to convince Angelo to come over and start teaching him. Some days, I'll be at work and I'll get an Ebay email forwarded to me with pictures of different bandurrias. He's pretty bummed out when I email him telling him it's the wrong kind.
When we finally got home, it was around 4ish and I needed to get ready for the performance. But I was not in the mood and just started lagging. I finally got my butt off to South San Francisco around 5. I didn't get there until almost 630.
We actually didn't have to perform until 830. I got thrown into Fan last minute since Cassie didn't show up. But overall it was a good performance. I even borrowed Rich's Halloween makeup to use for Pangsak. This isn't me, by the way.

I actually want to buy more makeup since they have it at all the Halloween stores and keep it handy for future performances or tours.
After the performance, I headed to Berkeley to meet up with Rich. His best friend was visiting from LA. A bunch of his high school friends were there too. It was good to meet people that have known him for a really long time and could give me some insight to his past life.

1 Comments:
i really like that little mapping of the face paint that you drew :)
if you know anyone who's coming from the Philippines, it will be much much cheaper to buy an instrument from there. The ones on Ebay are expensive!!
Post a Comment
<< Home