Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Tw"eye"light Zone

At the David party, a couple of weekends ago, I ran into one of their friends that I only see at their events. Her name escaped me and I almost called her "Hestia". But on the way out, Laurie mentioned how she offered "Lenore" a hedgehog. At that moment, I was glad that I didn't call her by the other name.

But all the way to Liza's house I kept on wondering, who the heck was Hestia and why did that name stick in my head. Now I know.

After work today, I attended a Lasik seminar. I was referred over to this doctor by friends in my office that had the procedure done. After booking my consultation appointment, the receptionist mentioned this seminar, so I decided to go so I could get all my questions answered.

I was the 2nd to arrive. There was a Pilipino woman around my age already sitting there. I put my name on the Sign-in sheet and glanced at the name above me. Guess what her name was? Hestia! What the hell? That name is not common at all.

I took a look at her but she didn't look familiar. Then I looked at the last name and something clicked. At this point, she was standing next to me picking up a brochure. I turned to her and said..."I'm going to ask you a really weird question. Are you related to Mae?" She had this bewildered look and told me that she was her cousin. Talk about small worlds!

I must have met her at one of Mae's parties years ago! I mentioned that I used to dance with Mae and actually performed at her wedding. She was in the wedding. Is that bizarre or what? I thought it was frickin' nuts! But at least I know now who the hell Hestia was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home