Sunday, October 02, 2005

Workman's Comp

Part of the reason why I haven't blogged lately is because I have a case of tendonitis in my wrist and my shoulder. I've had to stay off the ocmputer as much as possible because the pain is sometimes too much to bear.

While moving to the Presidio, I asked for an ergo evaluation of my space. We have adjustable desks, so I wanted to make sure the height was adjusted to my size. Workplace services asked if it was related to pain, and I confirmed it was.

So, they had to report it to HR. Now, I've officially filed a claim. The good news is it's not carpal tunnel but just tendonitis from a RSI (repetitive stress injury). So, next week I start my occupational therapy. Sigh....I feel like my body is falling apart!

2 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 10:51:00 AM, Blogger DJ John said...

They need to make ergo desks for people like me who slump in their chairs and feel more comfortable while in your underwear.

 
At 10/04/2005 06:47:00 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Jeez man...thanks for that mental image -- DJ Bolo wearing only tighty whiteys surfin' the web. :)

I wonder if there's any truth to the theory that women are more susceptible to CTS than men?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home