Friday, November 25, 2005

It's Christmas Time in the City

I completely avoided Black Friday. I have never taken part in that tradition. I would rather forego the few dollars saved to
  1. Get more sleep
  2. Avoid getting trampled on and getting into fist fights for laptop computers(as seen in Walmart)
  3. Avoid long checkout lines
  4. Avoid the crowded aisles and trying to maneuver shopping carts
  5. Avoid the mess of people going through all the merchandise

But Christmas was still in my brain. After giving Kobs a really long walk, we finally got out of the house around 2. We ended up running some errands and ended up at Home Depot for the Christmas tree.

While we were there, I wanted to pick up some poinsettias. Usually, the 6" pots range from $5 to $8. The ones there were only $1.88 each, so I ended up buying 18!

We're practically done decorating already. I got a headstart a couple of days ago. But we finished the tree tonight. I went to the "Buy Pinoy" sale last week and bought a ton of ornaments. I went on the 2nd to the last day, so they completely slashed prices. I was pretty happy with my stash. But even more happy seeing them on the tree.

I love this time of year! Actually, while decorating, I told Rich how miserable I was last year at this time. My breakup was still fresh and I just couldn't get into the Christmas spirit at all. I remember how I hated walking through the malls. And last year, I got my Christmas tree with a girlfriend from work. It's so nice to be blissfully happy. Things are going so well for me, and for us.

7 Comments:

At 11/26/2005 08:15:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Do you buy ornaments every year?

 
At 11/26/2005 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Mur said...

Yeah, I usually do. I put the newer ones in the front of the tree and the older ones in the back.

 
At 11/27/2005 08:57:00 AM, Blogger DraMama said...

Glad you're back to blogging! Ive missed it...and had a lot of catching up to do. ;)

We missed you guys during Thanks-giving. Hope to see you guys at Xmas!

 
At 11/27/2005 04:20:00 PM, Blogger Mur said...

And dramama, where have you been?

 
At 11/27/2005 07:55:00 PM, Blogger bev said...

surprisingly, i didn't shop on Black Friday either.

 
At 11/28/2005 12:12:00 PM, Blogger DraMama said...

When it comes to Blogging--Ive been LAZYYY....;)

I shopped on Black Friday!! I was at the Mall at 6am sharp. Shopped until 7:45am and headed off to work at 8am until Noon. Didnt get as many deals as I did last year. Maybe thats a good thing!

 
At 11/28/2005 04:19:00 PM, Blogger bernadette said...

happy be-lated thanksgiving! i had to scroll down to catch up! ;)

amazingly enough, i avoided the early black friday as well. but i did go to target at around 4 in the afternoon - there werent very many shoppers at that time, probably because they're all sleeping from waking up so darn early for the rush! ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home