My New Eyes
We had to be in the City by 830am for my follow up appointment. I pretty much went to sleep after we got home. I woke up several times and watched a little TV. I wasn't allowed to read or go on the computer but TV was ok.
I was a little disappointed because I felt like I was watching TV without my contacts or glasses BEFORE the surgery. Things were still blurry and I was actually getting headaches from it. But tomorrow would be a new day.
As Rich was driving me to my appointment, I kept trying to read the sides of trucks' advertising. I was still disappointed....I felt like I went through all that for nothing! I felt like my wandering eye and not being able to focus on the red light, ruined it all for me.
When I got to the office, they had me read an eye chart. I had a harder time with my right eye. But to my surprise, the 1st doctor told me that I was doing better than average. My eyes were previously 20/400. In other words, I could only read the big E at the top of the eye chart without my glasses. This time around, I read the 2nd to the bottom, making me a 20/25. On average, patients are 20/35 after the first day.
Then another doctor came in, did a few more tests and again I read the eye chart. This time I read the bottom line. I was 20/20! And finally, Dr. Goodman came in and again I did the eye chart and again I was 20/20.
The main purpose of the visit was to make sure that everything was healing nicely and that there weren't any infections. Next week is to verify my eyesight since it will have stabilized more by that point. Things are still blurry and I still have slight double vision. And the light is just way too sensitive for my eyes. I still have to wear the Ray Charles glasses indoors. But with each passing hour, my vision stabilizes even more and I can see things better than I did even with my contacts on!
I was a little disappointed because I felt like I was watching TV without my contacts or glasses BEFORE the surgery. Things were still blurry and I was actually getting headaches from it. But tomorrow would be a new day.
As Rich was driving me to my appointment, I kept trying to read the sides of trucks' advertising. I was still disappointed....I felt like I went through all that for nothing! I felt like my wandering eye and not being able to focus on the red light, ruined it all for me.
When I got to the office, they had me read an eye chart. I had a harder time with my right eye. But to my surprise, the 1st doctor told me that I was doing better than average. My eyes were previously 20/400. In other words, I could only read the big E at the top of the eye chart without my glasses. This time around, I read the 2nd to the bottom, making me a 20/25. On average, patients are 20/35 after the first day.
Then another doctor came in, did a few more tests and again I read the eye chart. This time I read the bottom line. I was 20/20! And finally, Dr. Goodman came in and again I did the eye chart and again I was 20/20.
The main purpose of the visit was to make sure that everything was healing nicely and that there weren't any infections. Next week is to verify my eyesight since it will have stabilized more by that point. Things are still blurry and I still have slight double vision. And the light is just way too sensitive for my eyes. I still have to wear the Ray Charles glasses indoors. But with each passing hour, my vision stabilizes even more and I can see things better than I did even with my contacts on!

4 Comments:
cool! i'm glad u didn't go blind.
...I'm intrigued...
I was 20/10 when I came out. Top score!
That's great John! I wonder if I could have been 20/10 if my eye didn't go astray
Post a Comment
<< Home