Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Sanctity of Marriage

Right now I'm sitting in my hotel room in Las Vegas, thinking back to my last trip here only a few weeks ago. A trip we made out to celebrate love.

Last weekend, I made another trip to S. California, in honor of love....my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. It seemed like yesterday when they were just celebrating their 25th anniversary.

Through the years, I've seen them go through struggles (financial and emotional) and at times it seemed like they may not make it. In today's world, where 50% of marriages end up in divorce, my parents should be a role model for all on how a marriage should be.

I'll be the first to admit that their union has not been perfect through the years, nor is it perfect now. But they take the vows that they said 40 years ago, and live by them....for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, in good times and bad....

It brought so much joy to me to see them celebrate their special day with 250 friends and family surrounding them. But at the same time, we had to protect my baby whose husband fraudelently made those vows.

A few weeks ago, we were here inVegas celebrating love. Today, I'm in my room, bittersweet about the fraud committed by an immature young boy a few weeks ago. As my parents reach their 40 years, it's with shock that we find out that he couldn't even last 40 days.

But my family has pulled together and will be pulling together to help raise a beautiful baby girl that will never be wanting for love. But for now, there is another baby girl that we need to take care of and to help heal.

Yes, emotions have ranged from horror to anger to disgust. And it is in human's nature to take revenge on those that hurt the ones you love. But we have moved past that to focus on taking care of the future and the well being of our baby. So to you my dear Key-face, I love you and will always be here for you whenever you need me.

7 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 11:08:00 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Your cousin's lucky to have such supportive family! I hope she's ok.

 
At 11/10/2005 12:23:00 PM, Blogger bev said...

oh no!! :( that's awful. hope she's okay.

 
At 11/10/2005 12:24:00 PM, Blogger DraMama said...

*tear...

 
At 11/10/2005 01:23:00 PM, Blogger bernadette said...

OMG, are you serious?! =P hope she's okay too.. =(

 
At 11/10/2005 01:51:00 PM, Blogger mrs cruz said...

So sorry to hear... I am sure your neice will get through this difficult time with you and your family's help.

 
At 11/10/2005 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Man that is so messed up. See guys like that make the rest of us look bad. Here's to hoping for the best with your niece and the rest of your family.

 
At 11/17/2005 06:00:00 PM, Blogger bev said...

hey, why don't you update anymore? I haven't seen you on Sunday in like forever, too, so i have no idea what you're up to..... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home