Thanksgiving with the Rios Family
This year is the first year in my life that I didn't go down South for Thanksgiving. Now that I'm going out with Rich, and he has Cam, we have to plan our holidays.
So we traded off. Since I got to see my family for Kea's wedding and my parents' 40th, I decided to spend Thanksgiving up here. That just means he needs to make the trek down during Christmas.
We went to his eldest brother's house in Hercules. We were in charge of the appetizers. So we brought shrimp cocktail, cheese & crackers, vegetable lumpia and some sapin sapin for dessert.

To my surprise, the lumpia was a hit! His other brother David even mentioned to his girlfriend that he hoped I would bring lumpia! The kids even ate more than 1 each!
It was a pretty traditional dinner.

It was kind of odd not having any pilipino food around (with the exception of what we brought).
The kids had their own table and the adults were in a completely different room.

Everything was delicious! I think I ate straight from 3 until 9!
Rich worked really hard to surprise his family with a slideshow. Everyone loved it! He even included the girlfriends and their childhood and family pictures. He was so happy that everyone enjoyed it.
Surprisingly, there wasn't THAT many leftovers. But we had our share for lunch the next day!
As much as I missed my family, I actually had a really great time.



My family on the other hand was spread out all over the place. We usually spend it with my cousins and their families, but apparently that didn't happen this year. My sister-in-law and my nephew Ray were in Colorado for a hockey tournament. My brother and father had to work, so the rest of my family did an early lunch instead of dinner.
I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving as well.
So we traded off. Since I got to see my family for Kea's wedding and my parents' 40th, I decided to spend Thanksgiving up here. That just means he needs to make the trek down during Christmas.
We went to his eldest brother's house in Hercules. We were in charge of the appetizers. So we brought shrimp cocktail, cheese & crackers, vegetable lumpia and some sapin sapin for dessert.

To my surprise, the lumpia was a hit! His other brother David even mentioned to his girlfriend that he hoped I would bring lumpia! The kids even ate more than 1 each!
It was a pretty traditional dinner.

It was kind of odd not having any pilipino food around (with the exception of what we brought).
The kids had their own table and the adults were in a completely different room.

Everything was delicious! I think I ate straight from 3 until 9!
Rich worked really hard to surprise his family with a slideshow. Everyone loved it! He even included the girlfriends and their childhood and family pictures. He was so happy that everyone enjoyed it.
Surprisingly, there wasn't THAT many leftovers. But we had our share for lunch the next day!
As much as I missed my family, I actually had a really great time.



My family on the other hand was spread out all over the place. We usually spend it with my cousins and their families, but apparently that didn't happen this year. My sister-in-law and my nephew Ray were in Colorado for a hockey tournament. My brother and father had to work, so the rest of my family did an early lunch instead of dinner.
I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving as well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home