The Forbidden City
After the funeral, I ate quickly at the Chinese restuarant where everyone gathered. Then my parents rushed me to the airport.
Rich picked me up and as soon as we got home, I started getting ready. I wasn't really sure what I was going to wear yet. Should I wear a skirt? or pants? I only had an hour to get ready since we wanted to be there when it started.

The party was called "Forbidden City" but I was a bit irritated. You thought you were walking into a Chinese-themed party since we were welcomed with Chinese musicians in a boat.

But you walk through the torrey gate and you're met with Geisha girls on stilts.
They were passing out clues for a scavenger hunt to find "The Forbidden City." And the clues came in those red envelopes you get during Chinese New Year.
We decided to hit the food first. On the way there, they had a sake tasting table with 6 different types of sake. The plum sake was my favorite.
The food was mixed also: sushi, dim sum, roast beef, salmon. It was good. But wait! Something was definitely missing. What is the #1 staple for asians, regardless of what country your from? Rice was no where to be found!
We ended up doing the Scavenger Hunt with Ardees & Levin. Along the way, we found a DDR and decided to play. Let's just say, you can tell that Dees has played this before and I haven't!

For entertainment, they had Taiko drummers, a contortionist, and a plate spinner.

On one side of the venue, they had extra stuff going on: like a palm reader, boba tea, oragami making, getting your name done in Chinese, and "help yourself" bins to Chinese candy.
LIKHA could have totally performed! But they were busy performing at someone else's Christmas party, which by the way, I heard they got a standing O at. Good job guys!
One of the things we had to do during the scavenger hunt, was to solve a sudoku puzzle. Good thing Pernia was addicted because I started playing since she posted it on her blog.
When we got our final clue, I ran into some friends that were sitting at a strategic table. So, we ditched the Scavenger Hunt and hung out. We ended up taking this pic. Look closely and you can see who graced us with his presence at our table.

I had a great time that night since I ran into most of my friends.

The only complaint was the DJ sucked. But other than that, Rich and I had a great time at his first Lucas Xmas Party!
Rich picked me up and as soon as we got home, I started getting ready. I wasn't really sure what I was going to wear yet. Should I wear a skirt? or pants? I only had an hour to get ready since we wanted to be there when it started.

The party was called "Forbidden City" but I was a bit irritated. You thought you were walking into a Chinese-themed party since we were welcomed with Chinese musicians in a boat.

But you walk through the torrey gate and you're met with Geisha girls on stilts.

They were passing out clues for a scavenger hunt to find "The Forbidden City." And the clues came in those red envelopes you get during Chinese New Year.
We decided to hit the food first. On the way there, they had a sake tasting table with 6 different types of sake. The plum sake was my favorite.
The food was mixed also: sushi, dim sum, roast beef, salmon. It was good. But wait! Something was definitely missing. What is the #1 staple for asians, regardless of what country your from? Rice was no where to be found!
We ended up doing the Scavenger Hunt with Ardees & Levin. Along the way, we found a DDR and decided to play. Let's just say, you can tell that Dees has played this before and I haven't!

For entertainment, they had Taiko drummers, a contortionist, and a plate spinner.

On one side of the venue, they had extra stuff going on: like a palm reader, boba tea, oragami making, getting your name done in Chinese, and "help yourself" bins to Chinese candy.
LIKHA could have totally performed! But they were busy performing at someone else's Christmas party, which by the way, I heard they got a standing O at. Good job guys!
One of the things we had to do during the scavenger hunt, was to solve a sudoku puzzle. Good thing Pernia was addicted because I started playing since she posted it on her blog.
When we got our final clue, I ran into some friends that were sitting at a strategic table. So, we ditched the Scavenger Hunt and hung out. We ended up taking this pic. Look closely and you can see who graced us with his presence at our table.

I had a great time that night since I ran into most of my friends.

The only complaint was the DJ sucked. But other than that, Rich and I had a great time at his first Lucas Xmas Party!

6 Comments:
Cool pics!
Mur, I didn't recognize you since your face is so skinny now!
Anyways, I'd suggest that you size your photos down so they will load faster. 600x400 at 72dpi works great, and it won't look distorted.
next thing you know some chinese girl will play the geisha in "memoirs of a geisha". oh oops, they already did that too!
who is that white guy behind you in the strategic table? steven spielberg?
haha, until i read the comment I kept staring at the two people in the picture with you, thinking, "Should I know these people??" Then I looked again...that's Mr. L himself, isn't it?
I can't imagine Rich w/out a drink in his hand. :) It just wouldnt be the same.
now that is a nations' night!
you look fantastic Mur! Rich too... but you are prettier... :-)
LG
Post a Comment
<< Home